Is this a 'CIVIL' matter or a 'CRIMINAL' matter.

Teeny

Inactive User
Reaction score
I know this might make me sound more blonder than what I already am, but i have to ask this perfetic question to you guy's anyway !!!

If a Schizophrenic person who you do not know and has no contact with them in any shape or form threatens you with your life as in (they will set their dog onto you) and yeah it's like the size of a Rotweiller whom lives in the next street from you, bearing in mind the innoccent person is like only 5' ft would you say this is a criminal matter for the police to deal with or would you say it's just a civil matter?

Anyway regards of what this person is like in mental health wise, isn't threatening behaviour in any form a criminal offence ?????

As far as I know, any threatening behaviour is criminal. If he's out in public then I don't think there will be any special conditions.

i think it would be a criminal matter.

1. breach of the peace.

2. threating behavour.

3. behaving in a manner likely to cause fear or alarm.

threatening someone with a dog will proberly be a criminal offence wether your menatilly ill or not.

It is a criminal act, as he is threatening to cause physical bodily harm. Although I seriously doubt the police will do much at this stage - especially with the mental state of the the 'accused' until he has actually carried out more than just a threat. They are probably too busy eating McDonalds etc.

sad but true hackmax is bang on the money,best police will do do,is have a quiet word, just to weigh up the situation.

Last edited:
I'd report it to the police. Sounds like the chap needs re-accessing as to whether he is a threat to the public etc..

They may have had reports previously about this chap. You never know he may have stopped taking his meds.

Personally I wouldn't stand for that you should never feel threatened near your own home.

If his radio rental, then the old bill's hands are tide a little. And i wouldn't expect them to rush round and nick him if i was you. I don't think its right but thats the mad world we live in is to blame.

The police will take it with a pinch of salt, but the will go round and have a chat and look at the condition of the dog,make sure it is on a lead when he takes it out etc etc.

If the bloke is a bit mental I wouldnt actually tell the police and make a statement as this is just going to get your name ticking round in his brain.

If I was you and he has threatend you I would just phone the police and say look I dont want him charged but will you have aword about his behavier but dont mention my name the should do that.

This offence is not a section 5 pulic order offence it is a section 4a using threats and harrasment towards another person and they actually belive there in danger, I got a 3 month prison sentance suspended for a year for the exact same offence, I told my bully neighbour I was gonna dump him in the river tyne if he didnt leave me alone.

He had his wife as a witness and the postman but I didnt think it would come to much but the actually took it really serious considering we had bad history.

(In your case Its just your word against his and if hes a bit of a nutta the police probably would not take it to court as it would just get kicked out are he would get a slap on the wrist.)

Good luck but I would probably just ignore him is it worth pissing a nutta off he probably says it to everyone round the block if hes that much off his trolly lol

well, i thought threatening behaviour was a criminal offence, but hey, when I asked at the front desk what happened they couldn't find it on the system, then it came to light as to why it wasn't on there..... it's a civil matter... WTF

well, i thought threatening behaviour was a criminal offence, but hey, when I asked at the front desk what happened they couldn't find it on the system, then it came to light as to why it wasn't on there..... it's a civil matter... WTF

section 5 is a normal drunk that bothers everyone and a pain in the arse a section 4a is the next step up its a threat are harassment towards another person, and they did belive they were in danger pick which one was you

ones a 80 quid fine the other is a conditional discharge for 12 month which means shit anyway

Im affraid joe bloggs is screwed on this one unless he really did feel threatend and follows it through

then he will get probabtion

either way you cant win just pay someone 500 to batter his ankles in

thats a joke I didnt say that

Back