VU+ Duo is there a nooby guide on here for these boxes?

stefblak

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
basically my uncle in belgium and has picked up one of these boxes. i usually play with dreambox. i would like to talk him through putting a line on.

basically my uncle in belgium and has picked up one of these boxes. i usually play with dreambox. i would like to talk him through putting a line on.

being that dreambox and vu+ are both E2 boxes it will be the same.

As AJT has said they will be exactly the same when it comes to channel list and sealions,they may differ on certain plugins and I think they have there own versions of cams

Only installing the image is different and this is done by USB stick as follows

. Download the USB version of any image.

2. Unrar and send the vuplus folder to your USB stick. Or in some cases you may need to make a folder named vuplus then inside that folder create another named duo. The send files to the duo folder.

3. Turn off the power at the back of the VU rear of the VU+ you'll find the switch near the power cable. Insert your USB stick in the front USB port.

4. Turn back on the power.

On the front display you'll see reading USB device, this takes a while then you'll see erasing then programming.

It will then tell you to remove USB and reboot. Reboot with the power switch at the back.

Ferret

so when i use dcc to put my line in it, just usee dcc to do it the vu+?

yes all you need to do is put other boxes ip address in DCC to log into that box.But if it is on the same network as your dreambox then vu+ ip may be the same.If you have problems just do a search in DCC and ip address of box will be found

is the password on a vu + root and password like dreambox?

Normally its root and "dreambox" or root and "password.But some images you may need to change the name of it to log in.
for this you use a tool called PUTTY on your computer,it comes with full tutorial of what to do but you may not need it if image accepts Dreambox or password as the password.

Normally its root and "dreambox" or root and "password.But some images you may need to change the name of it to log in.
for this you use a tool called PUTTY on your computer,it comes with full tutorial of what to do but you may not need it if image accepts Dreambox or password as the password.

thanks mate, im sure ill need to teamviewer it at somepoint. lol

thanks for the replys guys. he seems to have muddled through fine. out of interest whats seems to be the most favoured image? again ill pass the info on.

Depends what your familiar with, I been using PLI images for ages on my DM recievers so I use PLI or VIX on my VU DUO. I did hear that Blackhole are the first to get new functions etc as they're on VU's payroll..not sure how true that is though.
With VIX you get the added bonus of Autobouquets and ondemand plugins from OEAlliance, you can however get de-vixed versions for other images though.

Depends what your familiar with, I been using PLI images for ages on my DM recievers so I use PLI or VIX on my VU DUO. I did hear that Blackhole are the first to get new functions etc as they're on VU's payroll..not sure how true that is though.
With VIX you get the added bonus of Autobouquets and ondemand plugins from OEAlliance, you can however get de-vixed versions for other images though.

It's not that there paid by Vu as frankly no one but those inside BH would know if thats true or not, but the BH image is essentially a Vu+ OE image adapted by BH so things natively work for them and VTI for that matter where as for others they must be heavily modified. plus the fact the both BH and VTI are essentially illegally breaching the terms of the GPU licence by not releasing their source code and keeping their image's closed source.

Last edited:
Back