CD & DVD Is my drivers lazer knackered?

tynedock

Inactive User
Reaction score
ive got two sets of disks i use for burning some cheapies and some verbatims

my laptop is a sony vaio that runs vista i use a few different burning programmes convertex to dvd nero and img burn.the problem is nero will not burn my cheapies or verbatims.img burn will burn my cheapies but not my verbatims.the same with convertextodvd

does this mean my drivers or lazer is knackered as when i now put a blank disk in the computer doesnt even read it ,it used to bring a list of options up as to what i wanted to burn with.

the laptop is making a noise like the disk is spinning then goes dead

could anyone help please
ps laptop is only about a year old cherers:grayno::Drool:

could be. people (as in from other forums Ive checked) say clean the lens, but dont buy a cheapo one. I got one from Aldi and it fooked up even more! My problem was just in writing though, reading was fine

could be. people (as in from other forums Ive checked) say clean the lens, but dont buy a cheapo one. I got one from Aldi and it fooked up even more! My problem was just in writing though, reading was fine
same as mine only problem is writeing .if something is already wrote on disk it is fine.what did you do in the end

You will be amazed at my solution, it works, not all the time but sometimes.

I lifted the laptop on one side, cd tray at some angle, high end, for some reason imgBurn didnt complain and it wrote successfully. Previously I was getting laser type errors from imgBurn. This leads me to believe that maybe it is not the laser but something else damaged, I dunno.

I use my PC more though for dvd writing so not too bothered.

ive just give it a good old blow out i did this before to no avail but its seems to be working again for the time being fingers crossed: multi :thx for the replys

Back