Is it all gonna end as i keep hearing

slimshady

Inactive User
Reaction score
is there any truth in what i am hearing lately about card sharing coming to an end ,or is it just a stupid rumour

i asked a daft question and shud have expected that lol

if sky could stop cs they would ,they sure would not be spreading rumours that they are going to and what better time to get new subscribers than a few weeks before christmas if they could stop in now sky engineers would have a busy time

if the other providers round the world havent done it what makes people think sky can

is it not just viasat nds HD ? that changed to paired boxes which is still being done on private servers but method has not been made public
and is this all not came about because of some sky webpage asking for box numbers ? sky allready know the cards and box no of hd boxes that there in as you need to pair them only basix package upto discovery you can put in any box which will work but not record films etc box need to be paired with box and you need to call sky or engineers does when fitting

Last edited:
Certain providers have already stopped hd being shared, sd is next.

Thats it mate, and lets be honest, in the next x amount of years and the way technology has developed i think all tv may well be broadcast in hd anyway. We here cs will end every year along with the world too, it may end at some point , just enjoy it while it lasts.

Wait when u guys say rumour of cs stopping, you mean as it totally stopped ?

As in the samething that happen with virgin cable boxes ?

Virgin cable box's changed encryption from n2 to n3 and issued new cards, they simply made the public keys unobtainable. You can still get virgin via sharing using a kryptoview or starpoo box.. This will be different they are playing with ecm lenghts therefore causing glitching for those who are sharing and also tying to pair the card to the box so no putting the card in 3rd party boxs.

Virgin cable box's changed encryption from n2 to n3 and issued new cards, they simply made the public keys unobtainable. You can still get virgin via sharing using a kryptoview or starpoo box.. This will be different they are playing with ecm lenghts therefore causing glitching for those who are sharing and also tying to pair the card to the box so no putting the card in 3rd party boxs.

hi @ki, hope things are going well for you down under m8. it was N1 to N3 wasnt it? regards mdt

Yes n1 to n3 that was the problem - no way to obtain sk from the card and very few options to obtain it from a set top box either ! Any cheap/ easy way to retrieve the req info from anybody the new boxes would massively change things on the vm network !

but kv and starpoo have managed to cs from VM hd boxes which are paired to box

Anymore info if this is going down or gonna happen in the near time future ?

Anymore info if this is going down or gonna happen in the near time future ?

I dont think sly are gonna give advanced warning lol. One day we will lose the channels but who knows when .Tommorow next week next year.
Its a question thats been asked since On digital then cable now cs,
Its all part of the game

I think the real sat hobbiest will be glad the sooner it all happens the better. I think the vast number of threads on forums these days have no interest in what happens on anything that 28.2e. I would like to bet there would be a large number of threads on here complaining that they did not get a full year out of there boxs and that they were going to send them back to the supplier as not fit for purpose. It happened with the cable scene and it will happen again with the sat scene. What people have to realise is what your doing is not legal and if you get 1 day, 1 week or 1 year be happy with it.

I think having a motorized dish gives you a back up plan. With all the different sats & providers , there is no way ,they will all suddenly change encryption to something unbreakable. Thats the way i look at it & just enjoy what you can get even if the choices get less.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

but kv and starpoo have managed to cs from VM hd boxes which are paired to box

Yes probably obtained the required keys via methods not readily and easily available to the hobbyist (bga removal) There will always be a way for something if enough money is thrown at it!

From what I have herd there where still some older cable box's in operation that you could get the needed information out the box, just as if you read the forums certain people own a perticular type of sky box that can be jtaged and there intent on keeping their mits on them at all cost.

Back