Irdeto encryption

Tobycat

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I'm downunder with a brand new DM7020. I want to use it with my Austar smartcard which uses Irdeto II encryption. Which is the best softcam to install, and do I need to replace/update the official DB image ?

Ta

Last edited:
hi m8

if you install a gemini image and connect your box to a router youll be able to download a cam thatll work with your card, i think Cccam or Gbox will work with no setting up needed m8

Fantastic mate, I'll give it a go - Gemini + Cccam. Just one thing, why should I use Gemini instead of the DB official image ?

the official image will only work with dreamcrypt encryption, a 3rd party image, like gemini, allows you to connect to a server and download other cams 'for educational purposes' that between them work with every card in existence ;)

Thanks digidude mate. I'm all for being educated. I tihink I can pick up on the steps required from other threads, but hopefully someone can dig me out of the shit if I land in it.

So digidude mate, if I load Gemini 4.3, how do I get Cccam up and running ? Do I just FTP the two files to the relevant folders and that's it, or do I have to do something else ?

Once you have loaded the Gemini 4.3 image you can download the CCcam through the 'Blue' buttons addon menu assuming that your box is connected to the internet. Once you downloaded and installed the cam select an encrypted channel and than also through the blue button select the CCcam cam abd hopefully the channels will clear.

Thanks for that. Yes, I connect via a 4-port ADSL router. Do I just enter a path and file name on the add-on page ?

press the blue button, then select 2 (i think it is) addons, then it should ask you to connect to gemini server, click ok and itll download a catalogue, from here select CAMs and download Cccam, press green when prompted to verify, next you need the cam config file for Cccam, this time instead of selecting download, cam, select download, cam config. once these 2 files are downloaded and installed, exit back to the normal picture (or black screen) now press blue again, using the left or right button, change 'common interface' to Cccam, now press the green button, and youll be running the cam. insert your card before starting the cam as not all will recognise a card without being restarted

good luck :)

I follow that, thanks a ton. I'll let you know how it goes, this is great.

Back