Ir repeater

slacky1230

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hey guys

Looking at getting another ir repeater as mines had it. The equipment will be in a unit hidden away. Can any one suggest any with a good price?

Thanks

Are the wireless ones new? Remember seeing something similar when I purchased mine but think they was wired. Also can you only you one repeater? Where it's going to go my vu will be on one self and my home cinema will be on another shelf so could do with having 2 if that makes sense?

Hey guys

Looking at getting another ir repeater as mines had it. The equipment will be in a unit hidden away. Can any one suggest any with a good price?

Thanks

Are you talking about the same as what Rawsy has posted or an IR emitter package to control multiple items??

Cheers
Mick

My set up at the mine is a little transmitter that's next to the TV (picks remote signals up) then goes to repeaters which are stuck on the equipment I'm trying to control hope this makes sense?

the powermid is a ir receiver and a transmitter. so is what you are after. if the unit is on a different shelf that may be an issue but i have found that even if the transmitter is facing the wrong way the channel still changes. i think this could still work for your needs.

the powermid is a ir receiver and a transmitter. so is what you are after. if the unit is on a different shelf that may be an issue but i have found that even if the transmitter is facing the wrong way the channel still changes. i think this could still work for your needs.

Yeah that's the sort of thing I'm after. The one I've got now you stick the little transmitter on the equipment your using. Might order a set and give it a go

Just noticed you can get a plug with an extra 2 repeaters on. Do you get one transmitter and one receiver or are they both the same?

1 transmitter and 1 receiver. you can as you mentioned use etra receivers if you need to

Dam would of been good if I used the receiver then plug the lead in as there only a metre or so away then only have to plug one thing into the mains

I recently purchased a Gear4 Unity for about £10 off eBay.

Gear4 no longer make them and some of the prices are £100 +!

It works by sitting next to your equipment and you then connect to it by Bluetooth and control it via the iPhone (customise menus, create macro's etc..)
Works for my needs but I can imagine in some set ups that it would not be great.

Some ebay listings: gear4 unity in Sound & Vision | eBay

Back