iPhone iPhone not showing in iTunes

Jackel

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi all quick question I have acquired a 4s with broken lcd and screen when plugged into iTunes would you say it should still show up ?

Does the phone turn fully on? can see the springboard?
Does your pc/laptop make the bleep recognition noise when plug it into the USB port?
Has the phone got a pass lock ? Because the phone needs to be unlocked when you connect it to iTunes for the first time.

Sorry for the late reply, the phone turned out to be dead, hence not being recognised in itunes, or charging or bleeping, cheers for your reply Kryton.

i have the same problem i have 2 iphones & a ipod none of them show in itunes ever since i installed a new version of itunes
have tried the help pages but got nowhere is there something easy i can do to make itunes see my devices

Try a different USB cable, I have a couple that are 'temperamental'.
thanks for reply:Wave:

I have tried 2 cables also deleted & reinstalled iTunes .I can see the photos on my laptop that are on my phone its just the iTunes since the new update that don't see any devices

thanks for reply:Wave:

I have tried 2 cables also deleted & reinstalled iTunes .I can see the photos on my laptop that are on my phone its just the iTunes since the new update that don't see any devices

That would rule out the cable then. I wonder if a Windows System Restore would take you back to your previous version of iTunes.. worth a try?

itunes is one of the hardest programs to uninstall and go backwards , try a repair

got it sussed in device manager clicked on install new drivers this worked ok but only after i had tried to update drivers a few times, only to be told i had the latest drivers already installed but after a few tries updating new drivers were found that worked

got it sussed in device manager clicked on install new drivers this worked ok but only after i had tried to update drivers a few times, only to be told i had the latest drivers already installed but after a few tries updating new drivers were found that worked

Well done, and thanks for letting us all know. I've always felt there's a bit of friction between Apple devices & Window$. :thumbsup:

Back