Invading Scotland

severus

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Mrs Sev, Sev Jnr and myself will be invading Scotland for a few days. We are staying in the Livingston area with friends.

Never been to Scotland before can't wait

Enjoy your stay, but Livingston is a fairly faceless "New Town", make sure you head elsewhere for a taste of the real Scotland.

Any recommendations??

I think we a have at least a day or two planned in Edinburgh....just going to see what happens

livingsoton aint far from sterling or edinburgh,, go there and anjoy..

you can get the train to edinburgh (20mins) or glasgow 40 mins from livingston every 15 mins, also contrary to what nara says livingston is not faceless. It has a fantastic shopping centre with a designer outlet. Lots of nice restraunts cinema etc.
Enjoy your visit mate,

lol i'm heading to livingston the morra with the good lady lol

bloody shopping :(

go to glasgow mate, edinburgh is full of chavs lol glasgow will give you an insight into what scotland is really like...stinking of beer, folk being sick in the street oh its all good fun in ye olde glasgow town

but ffs dont come to Motherwell its a faceless shithole

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

you can get the train to edinburgh (20mins) or glasgow 40 mins from livingston every 15 mins, also contrary to what nara says livingston is not faceless. It has a fantastic shopping centre with a designer outlet. Lots of nice restraunts cinema etc.
Enjoy your visit mate,

I've nothing against Livingston Ian, it does have a lot of amenities, but there's nothing particularly SCOTTISH about it.

I know what narra means lol. He means if you are not into shopping ect and want to do tourist stuff then Livingston isn't really top of the list. Stirling Castle is within easy reach. And Glasgow and Edinburgh as already pointed out. Plenty of stuff to do in both of those cities.

have a good time mate bigtime

fireblade

Sent from my GT-I5801 using Tapatalk

For a rather spectacular view of Scotland you need to go to Glencoe it's a must if you have a few days in Gods country here is a look at the route you may take AA Route Planner: Routes, maps and directions - The AA

it is well worth the travelling to get there as the views are quite spectacular and more of a taste of the real Scotland

Also i personally like going through all the wee quaint towns/villages that you can take to get there but it all depends on what you want to see or do on your few days in Gods Country m8

Ps take your time and take in the views stopping @ callander for a fish supper is a must as well a very nice wee quaint place. Obviously no Visit to Scotland would be complete without a trip to see Nessie and i would recommend including that in your itinerary as well, and combining the Glencoe/Inverness experience is a total must m8 and i would combine the 2 of them over 2 days to totally enjoy the experience and a wee overnight stay in Fort William will enhance your pleasures of Glencoe/Inverness.

Either way and whatever you choose enjoy the Scottish hospitality that is legendary worldwide m8 but i can't emphasise enough m8 about visiting at least those 2 places as it's like going to Paris and not visiting the Louvre it's a must see imho

Last edited:
Well the planned 3 day trip to Scotland ended up in a 5 day stay.

We had a brillint time. So much to see and do we are hopefully going back late August.

Spectacular Scenery and freindly people.

Really glad you had a good time mate, and you had a bit of good weather :)

hi m8, glad it went ok :) m6 is ok once you get past Preston ive always found.

Did you get on ok at the boarder, with no passport and all....lol

See you Wednesday

For a rather spectacular view of Scotland you need to go to Glencoe it's a must if you have a few days in Gods country here is a look at the route you may take AA Route Planner: Routes, maps and directions - The AA

it is well worth the travelling to get there as the views are quite spectacular and more of a taste of the real Scotland

Also i personally like going through all the wee quaint towns/villages that you can take to get there but it all depends on what you want to see or do on your few days in Gods Country m8

Ps take your time and take in the views stopping @ callander for a fish supper is a must as well a very nice wee quaint place. Obviously no Visit to Scotland would be complete without a trip to see Nessie and i would recommend including that in your itinerary as well, and combining the Glencoe/Inverness experience is a total must m8 and i would combine the 2 of them over 2 days to totally enjoy the experience and a wee overnight stay in Fort William will enhance your pleasures of Glencoe/Inverness.

Either way and whatever you choose enjoy the Scottish hospitality that is legendary worldwide m8 but i can't emphasise enough m8 about visiting at least those 2 places as it's like going to Paris and not visiting the Louvre it's a must see imho

My father in law was the architect for the Isles of Glencoe hotel and leisure centre ;)

Back