Infinity USB Phoenix Problem

Staffordshire

Inactive User
Reaction score
Anyone come accross this problem before with the Infinity usb Phoenix ?
Hooked the programmer up usb and com port, went to read a mosc in phoenix mode with nagra as usual, no atr. Checked leds on programmer and both blue and red were still lit (blue light should be out when card is inserted in phoenix mode from what i remember) Anyway, tried the phoenix tester and get could not detect and phoenix hardware error, "Test failed on com1 Error: No loop connection / No phoenix hardware. Thought it was the com port lead so tried programmer in a friends pc with same leads and it worked straight away. Thought it must be the com port on my pc was the problem so went and bought a pci multi i/o card with 2 com port connections on it, fitted and installed this, hooked up programmer, installed and still get the same problem, even done a fresh install of xp but still the same, was working fine a couple of weeks ago and have now run out of things to try :(

Anyone come accross this problem before with the Infinity usb Phoenix ?
Hooked the programmer up usb and com port, went to read a mosc in phoenix mode with nagra as usual, no atr. Checked leds on programmer and both blue and red were still lit (blue light should be out when card is inserted in phoenix mode from what i remember) Anyway, tried the phoenix tester and get could not detect and phoenix hardware error, "Test failed on com1 Error: No loop connection / No phoenix hardware. Thought it was the com port lead so tried programmer in a friends pc with same leads and it worked straight away. Thought it must be the com port on my pc was the problem so went and bought a pci multi i/o card with 2 com port connections on it, fitted and installed this, hooked up programmer, installed and still get the same problem, even done a fresh install of xp but still the same, was working fine a couple of weeks ago and have now run out of things to try :(

Just a suggestion mate, I take it you have a genuine serial port on your mobo, try removing the card and uninstall the motherboard comms port in the device manager, restart comp and let it auto-install the mobo comms port again and try it then, may or may not work but you got nowt to lose trying it.

Muskrat

Thx for the reply muskrat, already tried that but same peoblem, both ports are the original on the mobo too and none will communicate with the proggrammer, although as i said everything was fine on a m8's pc going to buy a new com port lead and hope for the best.

try this make sure the software is installed
the plug the usb in to a different usb port

to use the pheonix u have to have the usb and the serial in at the same time
start software set to pheonix and it will minimise then use nagraedit to read card

Had a problem with my Infinity USB Phoenix - It would not read or write to any cards, it showed - Programmer not connected error.

Eventually I realised the problem wasn't with my ports, the software, leads or the Programmer itself but due to the corrupted Infinity USB Phoenix Device Driver.

Once I re-installed the Driver using the small old CD that came with the Infinity USB Phoenix Programmer, it started working again.

Software installed and working, both comm port lead and usb both connected, programmer is showing connected ok when I open it, will do a fun card no problem as it uses the usb, but still get nothing with mosc's, tits or opus in nagra, noticed the blue light stays on in phoenix mode when i put the card in, as far as i remember it should go out when the card is in and just the red light on the programmer should be lit...

Software installed and working, both comm port lead and usb both connected, programmer is showing connected ok when I open it, will do a fun card no problem as it uses the usb, but still get nothing with mosc's, tits or opus in nagra, noticed the blue light stays on in phoenix mode when i put the card in, as far as i remember it should go out when the card is in and just the red light on the programmer should be lit...

i have the same problem as you m8 can't work out why :err:

Back