Important Questions about Irn Bru.

It does not taste as nice down south.

akiltie.gif
wouldn't know can't be ars*d climbing that big wall they built.
scots.gif

Nessie3.gif
better on this side anyway but don't tell them that or they will try to invade again.
vs_cow1.gif

ummm the best sweet in the world the corner shops are the best plce to get them.at school i had orange teeth:proud::banana:

In Dumbarton they love Irn Bru in their Vodka, i think its our version of alchopops.
I still love the odd bottle of the full blooded irn bru but can't stand the diet version.

In Dumbarton they love Irn Bru in their Vodka, i think its our version of alchopops.
I still love the odd bottle of the full blooded irn bru but can't stand the diet version.

2ltr bottle it is for me :) I have now switched to diet, hated it at start, but its ok now, but you cant beat the full fat version :)

2ltr bottle it is for me :) I have now switched to diet, hated it at start, but its ok now, but you cant beat the full fat version :)

Aye full fat version in a glass bottle fella.
Brilliant when you have a bad hangover.
The missus keeps getting the 2ltr diet bottles from Asda so il need to get used to it i suppose.:Yikes:

Think I was weaned on the stuff. A pudding supper and a glass of irn bru, absolutely marvelous. My favourite pudding supper by the way was red, seems to have been a regional thing and not widely available.

Chookey

Think I was weaned on the stuff. A pudding supper and a glass of irn bru, absolutely marvelous. My favourite pudding supper by the way was red, seems to have been a regional thing and not widely available.

Chookey

PMSL
Your right enough fella although it was black pudding supper with a bottle of bru for me.
Fook it, am getting that tonight from the chippy.
Cheers :Clap:

The stuff in the plastic bottles is fake.

What you need is a nice 750ml glass bottle, ice cold from the fridge.

I'm diabetic so can't drink the full fat stuff (it was probably the sugar in Irn Bru that gave me diabetes, lol) You get used to the Diet stuff after a while.

I'm sitting here with a nicely chilled glass bottle of Barrs diet cola, or Strike Cola as us older farts know it as.

@ Gav, 80p for a pint of tennents???

You've just decided for me what I'm having for my dinner.

Never heard of red pudding, and tbh I don't think I want to, it would look too much like what it actually is, lol

Aye full fat version in a glass bottle fella.
Brilliant when you have a bad hangover.
The missus keeps getting the 2ltr diet bottles from Asda so il need to get used to it i suppose.:Yikes:

I think it was made for the hangover cure, Used to love waking up,

Fry up, 3 crispy bacon, 2 fried eggs, 2 sq slice, 2 tattie scones & beans, with a pint glass of bru.

Shifted yer hangover in no time.

The stuff in the plastic bottles is fake.

What you need is a nice 750ml glass bottle, ice cold from the fridge.

I'm diabetic so can't drink the full fat stuff (it was probably the sugar in Irn Bru that gave me diabetes, lol) You get used to the Diet stuff after a while.

I'm sitting here with a nicely chilled glass bottle of Barrs diet cola, or Strike Cola as us older farts know it as.

@ Gav, 80p for a pint of tennents???

When i was young we drank strike cola all the time as the tins were light and we could use the empties for my "tin can alley".
Happy days.:)

@Rod-- happy days mate and it did work, after that lot you would be fit to fight Tyson or dead with a heart attack.lol

Last edited:
PMSL
Your right enough fella although it was black pudding supper with a bottle of bru for me.
Fook it, am getting that tonight from the chippy.
Cheers :Clap:
Bloody hell hoppy, really fancy one myself but live in the Midlands now so no chance.
Would love to find a supplier and sell it here on a Saturday market along with real Irn Bru, haggis and square sausage.
Loads of Scots here who would love to buy the real stuff

Chookey

Ahhhhh strike cola, I can remember going to van, gettn a bottle of strike cola and a cone, putting the ice cream in a cup then the strike cola.

I might just try that tonight

Last edited:
You've just decided for me what I'm having for my dinner.

Never heard of red pudding, and tbh I don't think I want to, it would look too much like what it actually is, lol
Not helluva red in colour W but real nice taste. Came from a place in Fife called Lochgelly and the Red, White , Black and haggis suppers were readily available.
Surely someone else has had or heard of the Red Supper? should be another thread though so sorry for going off on another tangent.

Chookey

Bloody hell hoppy, really fancy one myself but live in the Midlands now so no chance.
Would love to find a supplier and sell it here on a Saturday market along with real Irn Bru, haggis and square sausage.
Loads of Scots here who would love to buy the real stuff

Chookey

Lol
Can you get tattie scon's in the Midlands?

any one remember barrs jusoda was a fizzy orange drink much the same as Fanta now.:proud:

Lol
Can you get tattie scon's in the Midlands?
Can get nearly everything here mate but its' all crap and comes from Farmfoods near enough.
Nothing tastes the same. Used to use a chippy called Jimmy Splits' that always had brown sauce mixed with vinegar on the counter.
Down here there is no free sauce on the counter, shouldn't be talking about food anyway. Why did I post in the fitness section, lol.

Chookey

Back