[IMAGE] lakys 2x feedback and uploads please

tried adding tuxwetter but unable to get it to work. anybody could shed some light on this for me please.

icaicm said:
tried adding tuxwetter but unable to get it to work. anybody could shed some light on this for me please.
best person maybe will be derek

derekwd said:
will add some plugins, the ones i usually have on mine, ie calender and tuxweather set up for uk.
Cheers Derek

lets see if it all gets sorted

cheers

Kryton said:
i hope you dont mind me pointing 1 bug out. it's nothing major.

every 15 mins i get reloading channel list and in the newer sender boquet it finds bbc1 england /bbc2 and itv which i already have. the problem is after it reloads the channel list for some reason my front row channel dont corrispond with the title. for instance i was watching green street on front row, after the channel reload, it changed the title to deuce bigalow but was still showing green street.

turning off section scan fixes it and its no problem because i turn section scan off anyway. i just thought i would let you know.

had it running on my box for 3 hours now and cant find any other faults.

good work.

put my "my service" file on and problem solved:Clap:

Nice one mate.

I haven't had a play around in ages so I will give it a good going over in the next couple of days.

de_deej

de_deej said:
Nice one mate.

I haven't had a play around in ages so I will give it a good going over in the next couple of days.

de_deej

nice one m8 good to hear from you m8 maybe you could do a boot menu for version2 m8 use the pm de

Kryton said:
put my "my service" file on and problem solved:Clap:

glad its all sorted m8

cheers

icaicm said:

Hi m8, just put tuxweather on and works fine, i have sent yido the files for uk weather, so he can add it to the next release.

Cheers Derek

Nice one m8, still a bit busy with somthing new "Jedi" shhh, but I'll find time to give your image a go and feedback, maybe we could share a bit of code for the next one ;-)

Would you like to include my compiled eggdrop (not EnergyMech, gave up on that) or is that getting too advanced for some of our users?

Speedy2206 said:
Would you like to include my compiled eggdrop (not EnergyMech, gave up on that) or is that getting too advanced for some of our users?

well that sounds weird lol

any advance in what it is???

and also what about your customisation menu did you get to finish anything on that with the lcd and other menus and could you either pm me or let us know whats going on m8

as it would be great to add that menu to the full and next version

cheers

renwich said:
Nice one m8, still a bit busy with somthing new "Jedi" shhh, but I'll find time to give your image a go and feedback, maybe we could share a bit of code for the next one ;-)

sharing is perfect m8 i have nothing to hide and everything is free and open
just trying to open this one up for the full version which will be the next one coming out then it can be released for all

thats all i do not see a competition in images at all i see that we are all one team sharing bits and pieces from all of us to get the perfect image which really will never comes as it will only get better thats all

and thats the fun of it as its all FUN REALLY!!

cheers

You can use the menu customization thingy if you want :) Where do I send the files?! Do you want compiled or source?

Speedy2206 said:
You can use the menu customization thingy if you want :) Where do I send the files?! Do you want compiled or source?

well i still aint got the vm going yet so i think that answers it for you lol

but did you complete it as version2 will be the bees nees with that complete feature

cheers

so guys this is the TuxWeather-&-Tuxcal rared up

hope you all enjoy with full respect and thanks to derekwd for sorting it out for us all to us and it has been confirmed as working as well

cheers

Everything looks fantastic on this image but only problem I have is in direct file recording I cannot get it to save as a ts file only 001.0 & 001.1

yido said:
so guys this is the TuxWeather-&-Tuxcal rared up

hope you all enjoy with full respect and thanks to derekwd for sorting it out for us all to us and it has been confirmed as working as well

cheers

would be much appreciated if someone could state what folders does the file need to be ftp to make it work

thanks.

icaicm said:
would be much appreciated if someone could state what folders does the file need to be ftp to make it work

thanks.

Tuxcal.so & conf go in lib/tuxbox/plugins, ( dont forget to chmod the .so file to 755) which will put it on blue menu, the tuxweather as got all the relevant folders, so copy files were you take them from in the tuxweather folder. (hope that makes sense lol) and chmod all files to 755, apart from .conf files as they dont need it.

Cheers Derek

bobsylas said:
Everything looks fantastic on this image but only problem I have is in direct file recording I cannot get it to save as a ts file only 001.0 & 001.1

yeah ive only just noticed this, i turned SPTS on and tried to record, all went well and i got the "recording has ended succesfully" so i thought everything was ok, but at the time i never got chance to play it back as the mrs watches all the soaps:FRIGHT:

but just come to check the recording and they are 001 and 000 files.
ive tried saving and rebooting after turning SPTS on but still the same.

sorry i overlooked this earlier

Last edited:
Right might be thinking everyone could work out what to do with the tuxweather plugin lol. so to make it very easy, put all the files in the same dir on your box that they are in when unrared, you will the have to chmod all the files ( apart from conf and cfg files) to 755 for it to work, and of course be connected to the internet with your dbox.

So apologies to yido for not setting everthing up before i sent you the files m8, assuming as everone as the same capabilities lol.

Download this and then follow instructions above.

Cheers Derek

nice one

i will give it a try and post back later thank's for all your hard work i only hope i can help a fraction of what you lot have :FRIGHT: outstanding

An addition to the scanning menu
seperates it into three parts so you can do 1 or all 3

append the operations to the /var/plugins/operations file
append the shellexec.conf to the /var/plugins/config/shellexec.conf

The menu contains instructions as some people seemed to have problems with the 1 in commando.

You can still leave the old one for if you want to change all 3 at the same time.

eventually I will get around to getting it to show existing values but not tonight :)

yido said:
well i still aint got the vm going yet so i think that answers it for you lol

but did you complete it as version2 will be the bees nees with that complete feature

cheers

Its the complete version - the last one that you saw, plus extra options added in :) All fully tested and working. Added an option at the top of it too to restart neutrino for the settings to take effect, without going through the service menu or pulling out the plug on the box.

PS... If you dont want to get VMWare up and running (I personally find it too slow) and want to install Linux on your computer AS WELL AS Windows XP then thats really easy! 3 simple steps :) I've got mine on Dual-boot and the two operating systems worth nicely with each other - you just select what one you wanna use when you turn on your computer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back