image install problem

piplan1966

Member ++
Reaction score
Previously VU Zero was easily imaged with USB. Today it is not installed with USB. What is the problem? Please help.

Instructions after formatting the USB stick

Use winrar and extract the downloaded image file to your desktop.
Transfer that extracted folder to your USB stick.

Power off the receiver
Ensure no other USB devices are plugged into the receiver
Insert the USB stick containing the image file.
Power the receiver on.
The WHITE L.E.D will quickly flash two or three times then start to fade in and out slowly.
Once completed the WHITE L.E.D will flash rapidly.

Last edited:
How many usb stick have you tried the smaller the capacity the better for flashing.

What did you format the stick with ?

Did you try both the usb slots on the box ?

Is the box booting its previous image ?

I have a USB 8GB, I have a new one, I have 5 times the image from this USB and I put it in PC and format it in FAT 32. The previous image is Open ATV 7.1, it is not doing line work. I want to take another image

If you can't make progress using a USB stick, you can install/flash image using flash online function in the image. You will have to transfer the zipped image file using FTP.

Which image do you want to flash? Are you sure it will do line work too? ATV 7.1 should be fine for line work too.

I have not installed the new image. I have installed the previous image on Open ATV 7.1. Ncam is also working but I want to install OS cam and cccam. I have tried but it is not installed. Please help me. Thanks

To install the secret/softcam feed, issue/send the following command using Putty, DCC (Telnet section), or the telnet client in open webif telnet client

wget -O - -q http://updates.mynonpublic.com/oea/feed | bash

Just copy that whole line and paste it into putty/DCC (telnet section) after you log into your receiver.

Last edited:
No, better you post a picture/screenshot of what you have done. That way we see what you have done wrong and can help you better.

I don't really see the point in showing you copying and pasting a command. But here is Putty

You open Putty,
Click telnet,
Enter IP address of box
Click Open

Putty feed install 1.png

Go back to where you saved the command I posted earlier and copy it. It is below
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
Paste the command
Press enter/return. It will do it's things and tell you it has installed.

Putty feed install 2.png

Restart receiver, you will then be able to install softcams.
Menu > Plugins > Green ( Download) > Softcams

Back