IFA - How many times

I am not sure why there are so many problems with IFA, i got a home network with a bunch of pc, consoles, dboxes on it and if i just plug a dbox to the switch and start IFA on my main pc (load it all up, press ok) and plug in the dbox it works even with windows xp firewall on (u just need to allow the application).
You do not need to mess with any IP setting for IFA it will do it automaticaly (i am not 100% if you need to have a static IP on your pc in the 192.168 range).
A dbox sends out a signal as soon as it is pluged in and IFA reacts on that I pressum.

this is how my pc is setup:
IFA pc:
IP 192.168.0.2
subnet: 255.255.255.0
gatway 192.168.0.245 (my server pc, which is connected to the inet via ntl)
this is a static IP, so if you change your network setting to this you can leave the gateway the same ip as you give your pc.

Dbox does not need any seting up.

than IFA should work with out problems via a Swtich or a cross over cable.
It is probably good to turn off firewalls but they should complain about an application trying to access the network and you can just click OK.

Once you start IFA and pressed Start and than OK wait a few seconds (for IFA to load up every thing) than plug in the dbox and after the inital boot up of the dbox you should see FLASHING in the LCD .. wait till it said FLASHING DONE on the dbox LCD (this can take up to 10min .. if you got null modem cable u will get feed back on ur PC screen).

and thats it .. I have explained it to people who have no clew over the phone and we got it to work. double chek your cables are correct .. and wait a bit after starting IFA (at the point where you click OK the 2nd time) before you plug in the dbox.. maybe this helps a bit ..

Success at last

I got my reflashing to work. I used a serial null modem cable in addition to the existing Ethernet crossover. With both cables connected as soon as I powered the DBox up IFA and the Flashing process kicked into life. All is now working fine.
Thanks.

: mr ed :

Glad you got it working.
As you have found out using a nullmodem cable makes life so much easier
also if you have any further problems a nullmodem cable is essential for problem solving
my advice to anyone for £6.00 approx its well worth the money.

Back