IFA - How many times

pelyo

Inactive User
Reaction score
Calling the good and the great.
I screwed up. Was trying one of the latest images and buggered the box. Was a 1ximage and I should have used a 2ximage ! School boy error.
Anyway. Can I get IFA to flash. Can I f**K.

Used IFA once before without any major issues.
This time don't now what's happening. After starting box it just sits in the initial boot lcd for about 15-20 minutes before the kein system error comes up.

Tried loads of times with different versions of IFA with no joy.
Tried the various button options (pressing up on start etc).
Can ping the d-box with the dynamic arp IP address so cross over cable appears to work.
Using laptop direct to d-box. No null modem cable.
Any ideas folks?
Thanks in advance

WRONG SECTION!!!!
Downloads section is for FILES only!
Moved to dbox2 section...

Sorry mate.
Been scanning this forum all night.
Didn't realise I was posting to downloads.
More careful in future.

No worries mate :)
To answer your question: it still seems as if something is blocking the connection. Do you have any antivirus/firewall software installed?

Liam

Liam
Looks like my laptop is clouding the issue with the lan and wireless autoswitching. When I reboot with the wireless disabled I get a better idea as to where I'm at and basically I can't see the box.
No firewall/virus etc running when using IFA. Obviously, at this stage I no longer know the IP address of the d-box.
Sure cable is ok. Question is, what is blocking me ?
When running IFA it just sits on the initial boot LCD. As soon as I cancel IFA I get the kein system message which sort of indicates that some sort of communication between the pc and d-box is taking place.
Strange. Any ideas welcome.
Cheers

Last edited:
1. Turn the box off
2. disable all network connections apart from the one you are connecting to the box with.
3. disable any shared connection settings.
4. disable any firewalls antivirus etc.
5. connect the box to the laptop with a crossover cable.
6. restart/reair this connection.
7. Start Ifa
8. Select the image and network card and press start.
9. popup box press start again.
10. Put power to the box, if lade... and flashing does not appear within 5 secs pull the plug and insert it again untill you get it. Could take 50 attempts til you get it but it will happen.

de_deej

@pelyo dont worry about ip addy as ifa automatically assigns one.
if you cant get it to work by the plug in mehod try the up and stanby button method. for this just do as de_deej says but plug in box before you load ifa leave it so it says kien system on screen the hold in the up and standby butons on front of box till the lcd goes off then let go.

Thanks for that lads. I'll give it go.
Let you know how I get on. Maybe tomorrow before I reply as I'm off to match soon (more punishment).
Leefield will understand where I'm coming from.
Cheers

Lads
We're back.
de_deej, your method worked a treat. 70 odd times with the power switch and it kicked in.
What can I say! Without people like yourselves, a lot of people would be out of action and dumping their boxes.
Thanks again.
pelyo

same problem

hi all

im having the same trouble tried all ways to get it to work but no joy

just to clarify de_deej

10. Put power to the box, if lade... and flashing does not appear within 5 secs pull the plug and insert it again untill you get it. Could take 50 attempts til you get it but it will happen

do you have to keep restarting ifa and then repower the box or just keep switching the power on and of till it says flashing

thanks

Keep the power to the box unplugged until you press the last OK on the IFA software...them plug it in. If it does not say flashing right away, unplug the box and plug it in again. Keep doing this until it does say flashing. You don't have to restart IFA everytime you plug it out/in.

another quick question

will all images work on all boxes as long as they correspond to 2x or 1x chips
are some images better than others to get on a box initialy

thanks

Any 1x image will work on a 1x box and the same with 2x. The thing is, one box with a certain image on it might work perfect but put that image on another box and might not work so well, in fact, it might not work at all. It's just a bit of trial and error really; finding the most compatable image for your box. Some images work better or Sagem and some work better on Nokias. It depends on how it was modified and who modified it.

de_deej said:
1. Turn the box off
2. disable all network connections apart from the one you are connecting to the box with.
3. disable any shared connection settings.
4. disable any firewalls antivirus etc.
5. connect the box to the laptop with a crossover cable.
6. restart/reair this connection.
7. Start Ifa
8. Select the image and network card and press start.
9. popup box press start again.
10. Put power to the box, if lade... and flashing does not appear within 5 secs pull the plug and insert it again untill you get it. Could take 50 attempts til you get it but it will happen.

de_deej

Hiya,

I had this problem this morning, and thanks to de_deej for the above explanation, box working again :proud: I had never got the ifa to work in the past and thought I was screwed this morning.

I must point out that there is a magical/mystical tool on the forum called 'search this forum' it answers many questions, find it located next to 'forum tools' and use it wisely. It took me about 20 mins to seach through the junk of people asking the same questions and not bothering to look. Rant over :Clap:

Marc

markymarc said:
Hiya,

I had this problem this morning, and thanks to de_deej for the above explanation, box working again :proud: I had never got the ifa to work in the past and thought I was screwed this morning.

I must point out that there is a magical/mystical tool on the forum called 'search this forum' it answers many questions, find it located next to 'forum tools' and use it wisely. It took me about 20 mins to seach through the junk of people asking the same questions and not bothering to look. Rant over :Clap:

Marc
could nt have said it better myself and thanks to de_deej "you the man"

No problem guys, I'm just glad you searched and posted your responses as it keeps the thread alive.

Thanks,

de_deej

Another with the same problem.

Hi All,

I tried to re-flash using the IFA after I got the Kein System error. No Joy. I disabled all firewall and AntiVirus services from the XP service level and killed all active processes. I then tried the UP and Standby button trick continuously for around an hour. This was probably over 100 restarts. No Joy. I also had a ping -t command window open so I could monitor any response from 192.168.0.202 which was the address assigned to the DBox by IFA. No response on the Ping front and on the bottom right of the IFA window was a message indicating Ping Failed. The Ethernet cable is working as I used it to mess the Dbox up in the first place.
Is this process more reliable using a Null Modem cable? How long does one need to wait after seeing the Kein System message before trying the restart again? As soon as I got the Kein System I restarted again. Was this too quick.
getting desparate now so any help would be most welcome.

AV67.

With a nullmodem cable you will be able to see whats going on in the com window of ifa.
you can still flash without one takes about 15mins but you should see the word flashing in the lcd of the box.
give your pc network card a static ip one below the boxes ip and configure your network card to 10baseT_halfduplex.
also rename the image you want to flash to something like mtd3.img
as sometimes ifa and dboxmanager dont like the spaces and charactors in the name.
if you dont get flashing in the lcd after about 10 seconds try again.
hope this helps.

Back