If I offend the unemployed sorry

i cant get a job. single dad with certain times i cant work. and for the last year ive wanted to work. and appied for every job going. Not a thing.

Ive been retrained, and have skills. If i was a woman things would have been easier, Coz people expect women to take breaks to rise kids.Not men

I think the o.p needs to climb out his own arse to see the real world.

Majority of people on drugs or drink are on incapacity benefits and not JSA, so its somewhat different. They are unable to work through drink or drugs, so working is not an option. And would the majority of people here work with drug dependant people? I doubt it.
sorry fella,but go down our job centre or round local estates,theres people nowt wrong with em,well besides drinking all hours of day,or smoking dope or some shite ,signing on-thats for jsa-you dont sign for ib or esa

i agree those feckers should get summat done to them,as its those who turn the general opinion of being unemployed against those of us who are actively seeking work,and not just wasting our days away.

to be honest this working for benefits there on about-even though it doesnt apply to me yet-and i hope i never get to the point it does(10 yrs on dole i think was touted)
i look forward to it-i have zero problem working for what ive been given at all,and i hope it is something like cleaning graphiti or litter picking and such-giving back to the community-even though the piss heads and stoners will feck it up again,at least i would be able to say im giving something back

I think allot has to do with areas people live in, I will agree that there are people that are happy to sit on benefits doing feck all.

But you also have to consider that smaller communities have less work than big cities.

Some people also might have very good education but lack communication skills, I would like to believe that everyone wants to work - but we know this is not true.

I have been lucky to give myself a set of skills where I do not need to work for anyone, however when you work for clients you are kind of working for someone lol... but I answer to me, and I like it that way. And sometimes I can be my worst critique.

We should show some decorum, because it might happen to me/you/anyone one day and then you might think differently ;)

Regards
Mick

I agree with the drug test thing. I am also a strong believer that there are a lot of broken people on the dole who need help psychologically wise and should have councillors and the like on hand; just some sort of system in place that builds positivity into people and I can't say I know how that should work myself...

It’s an extremely difficult time at the moment lack of jobs, uncertainty within the economy etc..

There’s a lot of genuine people on the dole etc.. Unfortunately theirs also a lot of people who are not so genuine i.e actively looking for jobs / improving ones skill set etc..

This has always been the case and always will be.

The only option I see to appease the situation would be to work for your benefits. This in itself would also be very hard to implement and may take jobs from paid staff etc..

Benefits are a drop in the ocean in comparison to other expenditure within the government.

What the real shame here is the genuine people who are unable to get a job despite constant attempts

as with anything in life whether it be having an illness, being bullied, in an abusive relationship, the longer it happens to you the more you get used to it and tolerate it, its the same as being made unemployed, so yes i would say some sort of psychologicall or mentoring help should be an option for people unemployed for more than a year as the constant rejection, well its not really rejection its more a case of being ignored as iv had 1 reply to over 200 aplications but it does get you down an eventually low self esteam especially when you read snobery posts putting all the unemployed into 1 bracket and before i was unemployed i was guilty of doing exactly that as i drove past maryhill & townhead waste centres (jobcentre) as i called them every morning, oh! how the mighty have fallen but i have learnt a valuable life skill, keep your thoughts and mouth shut if you dont know exactly what what your talking about, id shovel shite if it meant getting back to full time work so please stop be-littling people cause their unemployed, their already be-littled by the goverment and system and the unemployment is getting higher this year again WTF so it could be you, family or friend next, yes there are dosers not interested in working but we aint all dosers

the biggest crooks are the ones in suits that fiddle the tax system, you know the ones, them that think criminals and unemployed or like shit on their shoes an their above that

Last edited:
have to say ive probs changed my attitude slightly to the unemployed, im fortunate (touch wood) never to have been unemployed, the problem is though the benefits system makes it too easy for people to stay out of work (dont mean to offend anyone) but its daft some people are better off out of work than in work as can happen with certain credits etc.. and some folk get penalised for working overtime (again loss of credits), the problem is getting the folk off benefits who can still afford to go to pub and bookies every day and give them to people who do actually need it! its the one thing that rips my knitting is seeing folk who dont work that can go to pub and bookies all day every day! lol im just amazed they can do it!!

rant over !

£130 plus all the other benefits

What other benefits? lol. If you have a council house your rent is paid and council tax is paid. No other benefits. So £260 per month is hardly enough to live on including bills and food.

I agree with some on here but others im on either side of the fence.I dont like the branding of everyone on the dole is on drink or drugs.Now yes id say 35-40% are and yes i do think drug testing should come about i honestly do.

I also agree with this 5year max as someone said on this subject.Ill give you a bit of my background ive been unemployed for around 10months now.Ive been unemployed before around 3years ago for 6months im quiet clever with alot of things i self taught myself about computers (building etc etc) ive self taught my self about many other subjects.

My main role is care work and bar work.But now days if you dont have an nvq not many jobs will take you on ive had some interviews.And what not but nothings ever come out of it.I dunno if anyone on here whos unemployed agree but once your past 25 they just dont wanna help.

Im fortunate i have a brilliant advisor who is helping me with a couple of small things training and what not.But now im taking things on my own back and looking for volunteer work as i feel once you've gone past 6months unemployed an employer will always look at you differently and someones who not willing.

If someone is looking for voluntary work then take a look at

Do-it - Volunteering made easy

Brilliant website for looking for what you would like to do.

The other thing i dont like and ill be totally honest and i honestly dont mean to offend anyone is these people who have a lil bit of not being able to cope and go onto esa it winds me up tbh im depressed but thats life get on with it.I do admit yeah it make you feel like crap when you dont get a job you set your heart on but it makes me feel that lil bit more stronger and i keep thinking ive got to go on.As i would love a job and be able to buy nice things and get myself a nice flat.

So my message deep down is dont give up keep on fighting you will get something in the end or take my route and do some voluntry work for someone you can pick your hours and do what days you would like.

Last edited:
If anyone want's to offer me a job in the grimsby area 16 hours + i will take it right now.

Matt, with your new and improved CV, I think you will find work easier to come by. ;)

I hope so m8 ive applied for 9 jobs in the last 3 days, i even walked all round town yesterday cv's in hand giving them to anyone who was interested.

Im checking my mobile and emails all the time now lol. Basicaly anything i can apply for i am, but the job centre told me there are hundreds going for each job lol.

And to the op im not claiming any benefits.

I hope so m8 ive applied for 9 jobs in the last 3 days, i even walked all round town yesterday cv's in hand giving them to anyone who was interested.

Im checking my mobile and emails all the time now lol. Basicaly anything i can apply for i am, but the job centre told me there are hundreds going for each job lol.

And to the op im not claiming any benefits.

Yes mate, but your certainly selling yourself better than you were. Remember the tips I told you too. Thats if you could understand me when I phoned :)

Some interesting points people have made and as jan said in last post you sell yaself you'll get more response

What other benefits? lol. If you have a council house your rent is paid and council tax is paid. No other benefits. So £260 per month is hardly enough to live on including bills and food.

I would think for most people that accommodation is their single biggest expense.

There are a whole host of other benefits such as school meals, access to council facilities, training available for those on benefits.

I would think for most people that accommodation is their single biggest expense.

There are a whole host of other benefits such as school meals, access to council facilities, training available for those on benefits.

Somewhat of an assumption there. Thats family on benefits, and not individuals.

I would rather the government cracked down more on tax evasion and avoidance which accounts for a hell of a lot more money than benefit fraud.

They are we have just had to pay an accountant £380 to check our tax returns for the last 6 years, all to be told we have underpaid by £2.10p.
No we are not a big multinational company, we just have a small rental property.

Back