Iain Duncan Smith calls petition urging him to live on £53 a week a stunt

those asking who gets £26000 a year,

Nurse

newly qualified Nurse who works in London Agenda for change - pay rates - NHS Careers

newly qualified Nurse is on Band 5 point 16 with a minimum of £4000 London waiting. just a shade under £26000

Firemen

There is a nationally agreed salary structure for firefighters. The starting salary for a trainee firefighter is £21,157. When full competence is achieved, this rises to £28,199.

Policemen

Salaries vary between forces but the typical starting salary for police constables in England and Wales is £22,680 on commencing service and £25,317 on completion of the initial training period. In Scotland and Northern Ireland, the typical starting salary is £23,259, rising to £25,962 after the intial training period.
Firemen and Police all funded by who? yes you guessed it us the general public. Screwed again

Thing is, the latest reforms weren't to actually reduce the welfare bill. It's going up.

Probably a plot to bankrupt the country to take us into the Euro.

Thing is, the latest reforms weren't to actually reduce the welfare bill. It's going up.

Probably a plot to bankrupt the country to take us into the Euro.

Whoa! Steady on, that means we'd need a bailout and there would have to be a bit of 'savings theft'? Oh, got it, money moving to a 'secret place' as we speak...

...any watching burglars - nasty dogs with big teeth live here in North Yorkshire!

:)

Firemen and Police all funded by who? yes you guessed it us the general public. Screwed again

I'm presuming I'm reading your post wrong miggy,but are you saying that Firemen,Policemen and Nurses are not worth £26,000 a year?

Surely not?

I'm presuming I'm reading your post wrong miggy,but are you saying that Firemen,Policemen and Nurses are not worth £26,000 a year?

Surely not?

I suspect more a 'head in hands' for those who also work hard but haven't a hope in hell of getting near the 'average wage'...

I suspect more a 'head in hands' for those who also work hard but haven't a hope in hell of getting near the 'average wage'...

Theres working hard and then there is putting your life on the line

Surely not?
They do a job just the same as everyone else wiz. I am not saying they are not worth it. I am saying the average working man would never earn that amount of money unless there annual salary was doubled and that will never happen will it?. :)

They do a job just the same as everyone else wiz. I am not saying they are not worth it. I am saying the average working man would never earn that amount of money unless there annual salary was doubled and that will never happen will it?. :)

Sorry miggy but I disagree,
They dont do a job like everybody else m8 :)

Unfortunately, all three are in an area that exposes them to stupid people...

...I wouldn't knock them, they do a hard job. Sadly, a minority take the p1ss, it was ever thus.

Tripping over a kerb and claiming damages, poor healthcare and failure to extinguish my house fire is not my experience.

I'll slap them when they deserve it :)

Have read this thread with interest, and while not affected, signed the petition.

Do you really think it will make any difference ?

In a few days, when the media circus moves on, only the unfortunate are left with the consequences.

Back