I can no longer force a config

witchy

Banned for good!
Reaction score
I've sat here all night with 3 different modems trying to force a config on each modem using various 100% working macs, nomatter what i try i can't force a config, when i try forcing configs the modem fails downloading the TFTP packet and just keeps retrying.

TW Uddingston, SB4100, 4200e and 5101

:(

Do you get the connection speed of the mac ur using? is the tftpip set etc?

yes this is right you'll have to get a 20meg mac or just use the default speed for the mac your using.

I am using a 250 and can no longer force macs. If i try and force themac it becomes blacklisted and i can't use it anymore. I scanned in a different ubr and sat there for hours loading macs to see what config they were.Boring but the only way lol

I am using a 250 and can no longer force macs. If i try and force themac it becomes blacklisted and i can't use it anymore. I scanned in a different ubr and sat there for hours loading macs to see what config they were.Boring but the only way lol

u could use solsters scanner for now m8 its the best way to get 250 macs at the mo

Do you get the connection speed of the mac ur using? is the tftpip set etc?

Yes mate, the macs all work fine as long as i don't force a different config.

I've never bothered with the TFTP details, but I set them last night just to test, it made no difference. :(

I've sat here all night with 3 different modems trying to force a config on each modem using various 100% working macs, nomatter what i try i can't force a config, when i try forcing configs the modem fails downloading the TFTP packet and just keeps retrying.

just when i thought maybe ther giving up on the idea, they started rolling out again... i guess it wont be long before im hit too!!! so better start collecting those 20meg macs and keep them in a safe place lol.

Ive had this problem for a while, the only config that still works is the business one !!!!

Ive had this problem for a while, the only config that still works is the business one !!!!

U can't get above 5mbps nomatter what speed mac i use, all my 20mb macs are running at 5mbps or less :(

U can't get above 5mbps nomatter what speed mac i use, all my 20mb macs are running at 5mbps or less :(

Is that all day or just in the evenings, i can get easily get 20mb first thing in the morning, but later on get between 5-10mb...??

Is that all day or just in the evenings, i can get easily get 20mb first thing in the morning, but later on get between 5-10mb...??

All day mate, the absolute maximum i can pull in is 4mbps, regardless of which mac i use, I think all my macs have been 'flagged' or something.

am uddingstion aswell and having no problems with forced configs,done an epc 2100 for ma m8 that stays in uddie last week think i only used a 4 mb mac but forced it to 20 with no probs....think i'll give him a phone and see if everything is working fine.the day i took it to him i done a speed test and hit 16mb (i think) which was a bit of a shock as it was 2 pm on a sat afternoon so was expecting it to be alot less

All day mate, the absolute maximum i can pull in is 4mbps, regardless of which mac i use, I think all my macs have been 'flagged' or something.

If your getting that with all MAC's it couldn't be a USENET issue by any chance could it m8?

It's just I had a prob like this and kept switching MACS and it turned out to be my newsgroup playing up as a server was down and the whole of America switched to using the Euro server till it was fixed.

:)

If your getting that with all MAC's it couldn't be a USENET issue by any chance could it m8?

It's just I had a prob like this and kept switching MACS and it turned out to be my newsgroup playing up as a server was down and the whole of America switched to using the Euro server till it was fixed.

What usenet provider are u with mate?

Anyone else on Ngroups.net getting poor speeds?

TBH I rarely have problems with them. Just every now and then when one of the server farms goes down for whatever reason and the rest of the world jumps onto the UK server hogging all the badwidth....lol

Very happy with them.

It's not my Ngroups account as the default Virgin server is giving me the same speeds :(

It's as if Virgin have capped all my usenet ports to 4mb.

Can someone give me a good fast HTTP server to download a file from, something that should max out my 20mb.

Try this m8 ;)

Taken from NGroups.net FAQ:

Q: When downloading I get slow download speed, why?
A: This is usually due to lack of capacity on your local net, or traffic congestion somewere on the net between you and our server location. Additionally, some ISP:s are capping usenet downloads. You may then try to use an alternate port instead of the standard port 119. Currently the alternate port 443 is available for connections to European server, and ports 8000, 23, 25, 1720 or 3128 are available for the US server.

Back