config files are encrypted ?

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi - could someone with a vast knowledge reagrding cable modems please put me out of my misery...ive been trying to get this sb5100i in TW online for the last few days...its got sigma sigma x 1.06 on it.......cannot get the fucker to accept a config file....and go on line

is it true that any macs that are sniffed know by dhcp or any other o software are encrypted ?
you cannot force config files anymore ? or does that just apply to sb5100i ?
if you do try to force a config file, you get booted off and the mac address that you have used gets blacklisted ?
if you change a mac...let it run on whatever config its set to ?
why cant my sb5100i accept the 20 meg mac im putting on it , even though i know its working at the 20meg config file ?...is it because of the encryption?

cheers

hi - could someone with a vast knowledge reagrding cable modems please put me out of my misery...ive been trying to get this sb5100i in TW online for the last few days...its got sigma sigma x 1.06 on it.......cannot get the fucker to accept a config file....and go on line

is it true that any macs that are sniffed know by dhcp or any other o software are encrypted ?
you cannot force config files anymore ? or does that just apply to sb5100i ?
if you do try to force a config file, you get booted off and the mac address that you have used gets blacklisted ?
if you change a mac...let it run on whatever config its set to ?
why cant my sb5100i accept the 20 meg mac im putting on it , even though i know its working at the 20meg config file ?...is it because of the encryption?

cheers
the macs r not encrypted only config files is!!! so if ur sure its a working 20mb mac then it should work on the 51XXX even if ur area as gone encrypted... now im think u might be entering tftp ip address and thats why it might not letting u get online.

its hard to tell whats going on in the log with sigma106 so its probably best if u change the f/w to 13.5 stealth then u will be able to check the log to see where its failing.

the macs r not encrypted only config files is!!! so if ur sure its a working 20mb mac then it should work on the 51XXX even if ur area as gone encrypted... now im think u might be entering tftp ip address and thats why it might not letting u get online.

its hard to tell whats going on in the log with sigma106 so its probably best if u change the f/w to 13.5 stealth then u will be able to check the log to see where its failing.

thanks mate...but im not to clever on this modding thing....i used the hayne s guide to get sigma on.....and just about managed it...how do i get 13.5 stealth on ?...do i go through the whole process again as in the haynes manual, except this time i choose the stealth 13.5 frmware...?...please help..cheers

how do i get 13.5 stealth on ?...do i go through the whole process again as in the haynes manual, except this time i choose the stealth 13.5 frmware
pretty much the same way... use the f/w below detect flash and select write all when its dont reboot then go to http://192.168.100.1:1337 u should see the sigma page enter ur mac click on change leave the config file blank... then go to where it says configuration page changeable and enable by clicking on change if its disable then go http://192.168.100.1 and set ur freq. u might have to reboot the modem before u can get access to the page and if all goes well u should be on line

pretty much the same way... use the f/w below detect flash and select write all when its dont reboot then go to http://192.168.100.1:1337 u should see the sigma page enter ur mac click on change leave the config file blank... then go to where it says configuration page changeable and enable by clicking on change if its disable then go http://192.168.100.1 and set ur freq. u might have to reboot the modem before u can get access to the page and if all goes well u should be on line

thanx mate....done all that but still not online...power,recieve,send.....all solid,....online is blinking.....????

ok good news.....i entere a 4 meg mac.....which is now working....how come none of the 20 meg macs work....possibily encrypted....the 4 meg mac was sniffed a year ago, which i had saved....the 20 meg macs were sniffed yesterday.....cud this make any difference...?

Last edited:
thanx mate....done all that but still not online...power,recieve,send.....all solid,....online is blinking.....????
if ur not forcing it then it must be the mac... r u sure ur entering mac correctly like 00:11:22:33:44??? also go 192.168.100.1 and to the status tab and the log tab copy them and post it so i can see why its not going online

if ur not forcing it then it must be the mac... r u sure ur entering mac correctly like 00:11:22:33:44??? also go 192.168.100.1 and to the status tab and the log tab copy them and post it so i can see why its not going online

see my post above...got 4 meg no 20 meg

ok good news.....i entere a 4 meg mac.....which is now working....how come none of the 20 meg macs work....possibily encrypted....the 4 meg mac was sniffed a year ago, which i had saved....the 20 meg macs were sniffed yesterday.....cud this make any difference...?
did these mac come with config? if yes what ip address do they have ie: r they like this

001371edaa48... cm-20480-768.. 10.255.168.200

or r they like this 001371edaa48... cm-20480-768... 82.245.168.200

Last edited:
did these mac come with config? if yes what ip address ie: r they like this

001371edaa48... cm-20480-768.. 10.255.168.200

or r they like this 001371edaa48... cm-20480-768... 82.245.168.200

hi mate- yes all these 20 meg macs come with config, which is cm-20480-768.....

ttftp server ip : 62.30.192.114

if thats what you mean mate..

see screenshot of one of the 20 megmac...

Last edited:
here is the log file...when i use one of those 20 meg macs that i sniffed...they all dont seem to be working...i think they may be encrypted....the log report is all the same..

hi mate- yes all these 20 meg macs come with config, which is cm-20480-768.....

ttftp server ip : 62.30.192.114

if thats what you mean mate..

see screenshot of one of the 20 megmac...
im talking about the HFC ip... a working mac usually starts 10.xx instead of 77.xx as the hfc ip so ther was 99% chance the 20mb macs u were using were no good if the HFC ip started with 77.xx and judging from the log u post that seems to be the case also DHCP FAILED Discover sent no offer receive usually means (bad mac )

it also seems that ur area hasnt been incrypted yet so u should still be able to force the config file with any working mac...

thanx GENTLEX...for your help and advice, appreciated a lot.....what i done now is used this working mac which im using at this moment and i know it works because im communicating with you, this is a 20 meg mac...i put it into the sb5100i im having problems with and hey presto...it work instantly....so all those 20 megs i have just sniffed are not working........just a final question:

even if you sniff out 20meg macs (like ive just done).....doesnt mean they are working ?

thanks for your help once again, i remember you helped me on my sb4200i before..:Cheers:

just a final question:

even if you sniff out 20meg macs (like ive just done).....doesnt mean they are working ?
thats right m8, always look @ the hfc ip address if it begins with 10.xx ther is a 50% chance the mac is good... if begins with anything other than 10.xx ther a 99% chance the mac isnt real...

thats right m8, always look @ the hfc ip address if it begins with 10.xx ther is a 50% chance the mac is good... if begins with anything other than 10.xx ther a 99% chance the mac isnt real...
you right there matey....just got some more sniffed macs from another ubr....tried what you said above..some of them worked and some didnt, like you said...50% chance they might....,wheras all the 20 meg macs that have a hfc ip beginning with anything else but 10...didnt work...thanks..

Back