I can no longer force a config

Already been through all that mate, all ports give me the same speed, even the Virgin server is giving me the same 4mb max.

No-one else in my area appears to be getting capped so i can't see them just pinpointing me - especially as i use a selection of different macs, its not as if i hammer the same mac all the time.

I'm searching for some fast HTTP servers to download from, so far I've downloaded .Net Framework 2.0 and only got 276kb max from the Microsoft Download Centre.

Last edited:
For a fast http test server I usually download WinXP SP2, that should give pretty good speeds ;)

Don't know what more to suggest unless the admin of your network has allocated a max allowed bandwidth per IP? Or maybe some software such as voip is allocating 'X' amount of bandwidth for use when/should it need it..... Would also explain 4mb max no matter what MAC.

Actually thinking again, have you checked your signal levels? Poor signal levels can cause connection drop outs and/or slow speeds.

:)

Have a laugh at this, no other actuive downloads running on my system, this is the only download.

Power levels are DS 37dB and US 39dB

Last edited:
Have a laugh at this, no other actuive downloads running on my system, this is the only download.

I notice your on a wireless connection, I blame that. Try connecting via ethernet instead.

It looks as if me and my brother are getting the same thing. i'm on the same ubr as witchy2k1 but a different segment i think.

I'm also using a 20mb mac address with no difference?

Tried newsgroups/torrents/fast ftp sites/microsoft.

Fastest speed i get is 300kbps.

When i logged into the status page my config file had went missing so tried forcing it again and it came back but still had the poor speeds.

They must be up to something.

yep i got same in bristol dont anyone know anything................

i'm in ubr 13 same as witchy but i'm getting terrific speeds i got 2.3MB/s on a torrent the other day, must be summit in ur street mate

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

i'm in ubr 13 same as witchy but i'm getting terrific speeds i got 2.3MB/s on a torrent the other day, must be summit in ur street mate

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

then it must be witchy's avatar thats reducing his speed lol...

then problem must be in ur street cab or somewhere on ur feed ... maybe u guys could link up and u try his modem on ur or urs on his, that should give u a good idea were the problem might ly

I've been toying with the 'street' problem for a few weeks but I really don't want that to be the case as I have no power over it. :(

The only solution i can see is to subscribe to a speed faster than 4mb then report my poor speeds, then once fixed I reconnect my 20mb modem.

My speed troubles have went away?

Still using the same mac ect.

Don't know what sorted it.

mine too all gone, was stuck on 990kb for 2 days.

Changed mac addy and also spoofed to a different mac addy on nic and it was fine.

To test further, i tried the same thing, forcing different configs and guess wat after a while started to get 990kb, used the old mac and spoofed different mac on nic and all fine again.

Back