brain washing?

Post clocking?
Lip smackin
thirst quenching
ace tastin
motivatin

pepsi%20can.jpg

Last edited:
I had stopped coming on here but I think I have a PM waiting so decided to come to read it...

If you dont have access to the server at all, then you still have a few options you can use till the company themselves decides to fix the problem

1, You can use something similar to what MickieD made however if the file is different each time which it obviously would be for a receipt system then you will need to get the script to allow you to upload the file/receipt to your own host and make the mods and output, its quite simple to do however its a bit of an awkward solution just to make a few changes.

2, Just make a simple application in any programming language like Vb, which reads any .htm files in a directory and rewrites them making the changes and maybe saving them with another name... I can make something simple and quick for you if you need, however could you send me an example of one of the receipt html files please?

But I agree with madeinbeats you should be able to customize your tickets ?

I agree too! They even supply the pre printed ticket cards to print over the details too! Just another case of a company not having a clue what they are doing - ive rung them up about it a few times and no one knows how to sort it, I was tired of it so decided to edit myself. It is a shame that I dont have ftp access but such is life!

The excell idea is great, except my excell dosent understand the "replace" command and the script stops running.

Still its all quite interesting and try and keep this thread updated with my efforts.

And ill try not to brain wash anyone lol

bitch! its a damn cgi file that produces the print so dont think you can load that. It will require a two stage process then

1) Manually save
2) Run vba

Do you use IE or Firefox? Im thinking if the latter, might be possible to create a javascript and use greasemonkey to run it from the browser.

You could even use the net options in VB to make your own browser, then get it to read the page that produces the receipt and format it for you...

But the simple save file, read file edit option is a bit easier to make in VB

c9679, without having to worry about pc's using it have vb runtime, I thought excel vba was easiest without worrying about any environmental issues.
I did think about before what you have said but thought I would try to easy approach first.

Hawkish, okay, because of the file, cannot use my initial approach to load the page as it will lose your items. So first step

1) Save manually say to c:\temp\pt.html
2) Run this code to produce new file

Not ideal. but Ive got the idea to find the window and load up that way to try make it a one step process.

So try this code

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

What browsers do you guys use anyway?

I dont use Excell VBA, dont even have excell, lol so im not sure but you could try something like the following with your code above?

Code:

To get the current directory of the workbook, to look for the source file your trying to edit and also for the location where your going to output the file...

Last edited:
c9679, without having to worry about pc's using it have vb runtime, I thought excel vba was easiest without worrying about any environmental issues.
I did think about before what you have said but thought I would try to easy approach first.

Hawkish, okay, because of the file, cannot use my initial approach to load the page as it will lose your items. So first step

1) Save manually say to c:\temp\pt.html
2) Run this code to produce new file

Not ideal. but Ive got the idea to find the window and load up that way to try make it a one step process.

So try this code

Code:
What browsers do you guys use anyway?

Thats the puppy! Thanks so very much for that pks00 It works like a charm and now people can actually read prices.

Much appreciated - thanks to everyone else too - good rep all round!

Hawkish m8, Ive not had time to try do it in one step. I got sidetracked doing other things like work :(
Will try get round to doing it one step, if nothing else, a challenge to me

What browsers do you guys use?

Back