hp pavilion laptop

jase02476

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi i put windows vista on my laptop and now when i try to reinstall xp i get this messeg hp laptop setup did not find any hard disck drives installed in your computer the only thing it will let me install on the laptop is vista its a hp pavilion dv5235ea can any one help me out on this plz thanx :Cheers:

thanx for all your help m8 i have got vista rc1 on my pc never had a prob with it so i go and put it on my laptop it seems to be ok just when i tryed to put xp back on it never had a prob like this befor ill never put it on a laptop ever agan

no it did not work still the same after fomating drive c: i just dont understand that vista installs every time no probs but its just when i go to install xp i tryed f6 on setup but it sez it cannot find a floppy drive do you wand to continue setup of xp without drivers or somethink like that so i did and it gives the same messige

Last edited:
i was just thiking on the vista dvd you can load drivers to the harddrive by swoping discs its justknowing what drivers to put to the hard drive i could try that i just dont know what drivers to put to it

As I am sure you will know, its hard to dianose someone elses pc, but I think if you try the HP website, they will be able to help you.

i have but there all exe files how would i install them to the hard drive normally you dobbul click them and thy insall but just dont know how to get them to hard drive it sez i can use a cd dvd or flsh drive but when i put the exe files to disc there is nothig it cannot find any thing

Have a look Here

It says you can order recovery discs online...but not from the outside U.S, so you have to contact your local HP dealer about getting thse discs, but you may be able to try some of the other solutions they posted at the top.

Have a look Here

It says you can order recovery discs online...but not from the outside U.S, so you have to contact your local HP dealer about getting thse discs, but you may be able to try some of the other solutions they posted at the top.

thanx for that m8 ill have to get one and keep it in a safe place thanx for all your help m8

i emaile hp and they told me what to do and it workd first time this is what thay put

Thank you for contacting HP Total Care.

From your message, I see that you are experiencing issue with installing
Windows XP in your HP Pavilion dv5235ea Notebook PC, after installing a
clean copy of Windows Vista Operating System. I appreciate your efforts
in trying to troubleshoot the issue.

As the issue persists, I would like to share that this kind of issue is
experienced if the SATA Native support is enable in BIOS.

At this point, the workaround to this issue is by disabling the SATA
Native support in BIOS.

Perform the below steps to disable SATA Native support in BIOS :

1. Turn on or restart the notebook.

2. Press the F10 key when the "HP Invent" logo appears on the screen.
This will open the BIOS menu.

3. Select the "System Configuration" tab.

4. Select "Disabled" for the "SATA Native Support" item.

5. Press F10 to Save and Exit. Choose Yes for "Save configuration
changes and exit now".

Now install Windows XP Operating System from the disk.

Once the installation process is completed, enable the native SATA in
BIOS for better HDD performance.

You can select Enabled in step 4 to Enable SATA native support.

I am sure the above information will help you in resolving the issue.

Please get back to me with the observations and results. I take great
pleasure in helping an esteemed customer like you.

Glad to be of Service,

HP Total Care is a J.D. Power and Associates Certified Technology
Service and Support Center, recognized for consistently providing An
Outstanding Customer Service Experience. For information on keeping
your HP and Compaq products up and running, please visit our Web site
at:

HP Total Care

Have a Nice Time !!!

Sincerely,

Alan
HP Total Care

Our advice is strictly limited to the question(s) asked and is based on
the information provided to us. HP does not assume any responsibility
or liability for the advice given and shall not be liable for any
direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages in
connection with the use of this information. Always back up your data.
For more information, including technical information updates, please
visit our Web site at Hewlett Packard Technical Support - select a country or region.

Glad it worked out ok for you, I had an idea it was a bios and sata related issue as I previously stated, but its all working now and thats the main thing. At least you got to mess around with your lappy for a while and see what does and doesnt work.

Glad it worked out ok for you, I had an idea it was a bios and sata related issue as I previously stated, but its all working now and thats the main thing. At least you got to mess around with your lappy for a while and see what does and doesnt work.
ye and thanx for your help on it its just where it sez Once the installation process is completed, enable the native SATA in
BIOS for better HDD performance so i do but when i do that i just get the windows xp logo at the beging and it restarts and dos the same thing agan i have to dissabul sata in the bios to get it to work properly do you think i should just email hp agan or do you think you know what it could be

If it works with sata disabled and you dont have a sata drive, then keep it disabled, but if you need it or want it to be on, I am sure they will help you out, they seem to have got back to you very quickly, so I would try them again.

If it works with sata disabled and you dont have a sata drive, then keep it disabled, but if you need it or want it to be on, I am sure they will help you out, they seem to have got back to you very quickly, so I would try them again.

i emailed them and they sed keep it disabled its to do with a driver.

but would it give it better HDD performance if it was enabled.

Back