hp pavilion laptop

jase02476

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi i put windows vista on my laptop and now when i try to reinstall xp i get this messeg hp laptop setup did not find any hard disck drives installed in your computer the only thing it will let me install on the laptop is vista its a hp pavilion dv5235ea can any one help me out on this plz thanx :Cheers:

Are you trying to reinstall XP from the Vista desktop or from booting from cd. It may just need to have a full format done on the hdd to clear all traces of Vista.

Are you trying to reinstall XP from the Vista desktop or from booting from cd. It may just need to have a full format done on the hdd to clear all traces of Vista.

im trying to do a cleen install from bootting from cd

which cd is it ? the one that HP gave you or a fresh copy of windows XP standalone

Beacuse i know as im a HP user they create a hidden partition on the hard drive and if you use the HP copy then the recovery disk may be looking for that partition

which cd is it ? the one that HP gave you or a fresh copy of windows XP standalone

Beacuse i know as im a HP user they create a hidden partition on the hard drive and if you use the HP copy then the recovery disk may be looking for that partition
hi i did not get a disc with it but i deleted that hp hidden pitition on the hard drive when i was installing vista coz it was full and i cept gettig a messge saying delet some files im trying to install a fresh copy of windows xp standalone coz i ent got a hp disc unles i can download one from someware

I had an idea you would say that, heres a useful link which may help you out.

Link

Also, have you tried to load up Repair option, then formatting the c: drive from the command prompt.
tanx for that m8 all seems abit confusing to me no i havernt tryed the repair option thort that was just for the corrunt windows intulashen i have installed and how can i format drive c: if it will not let me that messigge or can you format it in the comand prompt thanx

Last edited:
When you are booting from cd, it will give you the option to start the recovery console...press R when it says at the bottom. Then it will start the recovery console and ask you which system you want to load, it will usually be 1: c:windows, just press 1 then enter, this will bring up the command prompt.

type.... format c: and this will format that drive for you. After that type exit and it will restart.

hope this helps.

When you are booting from cd, it will give you the option to start the recovery console...press R when it says at the bottom. Then it will start the recovery console and ask you which system you want to load, it will usually be 1: c:windows, just press 1 then enter, this will bring up the command prompt.

type.... format c: and this will format that drive for you. After that type exit and it will restart.

hope this helps.

thanx for that m8 ill give that a try

no when i press r i get the same messige setup did not find any hard disk drivers istalled on your computer.
mack sure any hard disk drivers are powerd on and properly connected to your computer, and that any disck-realated hardware configuration is correct. this may involve running a manufacturer-supplied diagnostic or setup program

setup canonot continue . to quit setup, press f3

seems strange it wont let you do anything, there may be something in the bios or the master boot record, have you tried contacting HP in their support page, they have an option to check Your pc automatically and they may be able to supply you with a new disc.

heres a link HP

just trying formating with comand prompt with the windows vista disc thats working but its takeing a long time then ill try windows xp after

seems strange it wont let you do anything, there may be something in the bios or the master boot record, have you tried contacting HP in their support page, they have an option to check Your pc automatically and they may be able to supply you with a new disc.

heres a link HP

hi i havernt contacted hp yet but i have tryed that scan thig thay have got but it did not work i got a messige saying it dont work with this windows but its still formating drive c: at the min 29 percent completed dos it have to get to 100

Back