HP Microserver N54L now has cashback offer

iv installed windows 7 32bit and 64bit using a bootable usb, but for some reason the windows 7 ultimate 64bit just wont install, throws up error code 0x80070570 every time at 76%, using the same kingston usb drive, i even downloaded a fresh copy like i said in an earlier post, but it still doesnt work, cant work it out, only reason i wanted ultimate is that i can use remote desktop connection, which i cant do on windows 7 home premium.

out of curiosity mate why only 32bit for you.

There are still a few potential codec issues with 64-bit and I only have 2GB of RAM so didn't seem worthwhile to use 64-bit windows.

@oneman, thanks for the help so far pal its appreciated, managed to get windows 7 ultimate on last night from another source, i have installed all my hard drives now and got them running correctly i think, and backing eachother up accordingly.

hard drives for hp server.PNG

also installed my plex server again and transferred most of my media back over and into there correct folders and such.

now, i havnt done this bios mod yet and not really sure where to go as the file you sent is different to another i had downloaded, heres the tut i was going to follow, does it sound about right, dont wanna fook things up now once its all setup, lol, or maybe if you could link me to the tut you followed pal id appreciate it.

HP ProLiant n54l BIOS modification guide ? Allow Hot-Plug SATA and 5th SATA port | Chris Pomfret

Last edited by a moderator:
Back