How to view red button channels on a dreambox

Ten Below

Inactive User
Reaction score
These are the BBC/Itv/Sky interactive channels which are normally only available via the red button on other recievers.

These are flagged as data streams when you scan them in and wont show up on the dreambox but can easily be viewed by doing the following.

Use Dreamboxedit or simillar channel editing software.
:download:

Import your channel list into it, find the data streams listed below, right click on each of them and convert them from data to tv channels.

Reload the channels back onto the dreambox & away you go.

Services: ITVi Quad,stream2,stream44 - ITV Interactive channels

Services: 1381-1399 - Sky Sports Interactive Channels

Services: stream 0 - 6 - BBC Interactive Channels

There are others showing but appear to be only feeds of channels that can be viewed normally.

These are the BBC/Itv/Sky interactive channels which are normally only available via the red button on other recievers.

These are flagged as data streams when you scan them in and wont show up on the dreambox but can easily be viewed by doing the following.

Use Dreamboxedit or simillar channel editing software.
:download:

Import your channel list into it, find the data streams listed below, right click on each of them and convert them from data to tv channels.

Reload the channels back onto the dreambox & away you go.

Services: ITVi Quad,stream2,stream44 - ITV Interactive channels

Services: 1381-1399 - Sky Sports Interactive Channels

Services: stream 0 - 6 - BBC Interactive Channels

There are others showing but appear to be only feeds of channels that can be viewed normally.

Now my dreambox is complete!! lol

One thing tho, has anyone managed to get th sound working on the sky ones? the game of the day channels.

im using cajton latest 45e to 30 w which includes the football 1st channels but for some reason i cant find the rugby thats on via the red button today,what do i need to add to the services?

got it sorted just added the services from tonedeafs channel list to the cajton 28e bouquest and all is good

Audio button change setting to English ?

Just a thought as that was a problem I had with the music channels.

This didn't work for me, english was already selected, I tried changing it between the languages with no change. I can get the video on the sky red button channels ok but the audio feed is stuck on the original sky sports channel, anyone know how to fix this?

same here.. but .. i have a DM800 and tm : dm800 came with the audio working. TM is from TDs updates.. the diff appears to be : IN the PIDs, on the working dm800 video is set to 2310 audio 2318 and pcr 2305 : on my tm they are empty.. must be something to do with that .. still learning though and will play around

same here with the audio if some one sorts it could they pm me. thanks joe

im using neutrino, all i need to do is press the audio button (green) and select the right 1 for the red button channel im viewing, well done js940

Hallo. I have read the above thread and have the same problem as "The dentist". No problem getting the red button channels activated, but the sound is not working on the Sky channels. Selecting "English" on the Audio button as someone suggested does not work! What I do see is when I locate a channel in DeamboxEdit of type "data" to change it to "type TV" there are often 2 services of the same name! For example BSkyB package will have 2 services named "13xx" ... so perhaps one of them is a sound stream. In this case I would like to know how to differentiate between a data channel (to be changed to type TV) and a sound channel (what should I do with such an animal ?!?). Alternatively, it could be a simple case of getting an appropriate plugin.
If anyone has any answers please let me know.
For the record I have a DM800 with gemini/enigma2 images.

Hi there,

adding the stream0 - stream6 channeld was working fine. But for some days I can't watch them anymore. Was there a change of them? Could anyone help me with this issue, please?

Thanx a lot,
Harley.

BBCi has now changed mate
they now show as TV not data

Great, thanks a lot.
But two channels are missing, aren't they?!?

Greets
Harley.

BBC needs to save money an this was one of the cutbacks mate

Sent from my iPhone

evening, what do they do these "interactive channels" do? (before i go and mess with her!)

you dont have to mess Dibbs mate, as they have already been updated in the bouquet ;)
BBC Regional/Interactive :)

ah top quality! I'm in the "lab" at the minute when i get back next door I'll give them a go, don't quite compute at the minute, interactive channels on a dream box? I've used them on other boxes but you have to select what you wanna watch? i take it these are just streamed then over the data channels ?

as you say usually you press red and choose what you want
but with this they are individual channels :)

nice one, will have a look when i get the chance! awesomeness! ;o)

Back