Votes: 5 5.9%
  • 16-20

Votes: 7 8.2%
  • 20-30

Votes: 12 14.1%
  • More than 30

Votes: 12 14.1%

• Total voters
used to be a heavy drinker in my teens 10 - 15 pint 3-4 times a week.

then chilled a bit 2 nights a week up to 10 - 12 double morgans and coke with lagers chasers

now auld boring git just weddings, funerals, birthday parties and crimbo but sometimes just sometimes to let off a bit off steam I'll crack open a bottle of morgans got about 4 litres under the sink. or a half pint of baileys and ice just to chill

43 yrs old - diabetic and unfortunately drink :-
45 cans of beer (not lager/cider) per week
but i have other issues not alcohol related (unbelievably :) )

but sometimes more

regards
jase

I always have 3 or 4 large Brandy,s at night to chill out.
I,m one of the lucky guys who never gets a hangover no matter how much i drink.
Thinking of knocking it on the head in the new year to try and lose a bit of weight , i,m nearly 12 stone and was always about 10.7.

I like a small drink every now and again,a few reds(bottles) a few ciders(cases)as i said :now(the evening) and again:(the morning) dont class myself as a heavy drinker though..lol

I will have a few jd's and coke about once week, and a beer with the sunday dinner. But i dont drink to get drunk. As most people like a drink but No one likes a drunk. As my dad would say.

I know loads of people who are T total for one reson or other, And drink is just another drug imo. and some poeple need to watch there in take.

Do you find that easy?

Its easy enough if your serious !

I woke up one day remembering the night before (very hazily) and said thats it. Never touched a drop since and, tbh, dont miss it !

The above results are very interesting, so far, seems most people are either T-total or drink excessively. Comparitively very few in-betweeners.

Last edited:
I like a small drink every now and again,a few reds(bottles) a few ciders(cases)as i said :now(the evening) and again:(the morning) dont class myself as a heavy drinker though..lol

oh.. and dont forget the copious amounts of buckie :proud:

In all honesty only at xmas now have a few xmas eve to get merry and then on xmas day.But used to drink everynite and smoke dope every nite but now im clean and feel much better for it tbh.

i hooked on tea, i blame chas and dave and those chimps on the piano.

This is turning into an interesting thread.
Would be good to start off an informal "going T total" thread!

Share ideas on how to take your mind off drinking.
For me I get in from work and get that taste for a glass of wine or a beer, then thats me for the evening. It will be a night drinking.

I dont drink very much at all. Maybe twice a year or something, and one of those times being my Bday. But when I do drink, I do drink to excess. I guess I am the stereotypical binge drinker. lol

i'm diabetic as well and should not drink...i used to do up to a litre per night every night,vodka or whisky,wife cracked with me and said not to drink till the weekend,but so far i have had 2 70cl bottels of smirnoff as the shop round the corner have them in at 8 quid.

so 2 litres of spirts i drink usually threw fri,sat and sunday,i'm starting to get hangovers and genrally want to stop...but i like to get drunk,my life is a tad boring and i'm used to drinking...a habit if you will.

i'm 6'4" and 21 stone so it does take a lot to get drunk...hence so much drink...great when i was young and showed off shite now as it costs a fortune

I have a glass of Baileys about 6 shots each night so works out around a litre bottle a week.

This is purely medicinal of course !!!!!!!

Well thats my reason and I'm sticking to it .:alcohol:

I've been T/T for 18 years now and I don't miss it one bit. I stopped the day after the F.A. Cup Final 1992 mainly because the whole day was a total blank and I ended up in the cells for being drunk and incapable.

I don't drink or smoke. I have done both in the past but its just don't do anything for me. I could have a lager shandy and get so pissed I would just fall asleep.
I got no problems with people who drink, just got a problem with those who drink and drive!

i have around 10-12 cans a night and love every sippp :drunk: :Fish:

the trouble is the hangovers get even harsher as i get older lol

With us coming up to Christmas and the time of drinking to excess, I though id find out how much do you drink per week.

We will class a large glass of wine or large spirit as 2 pints.

i do a ltr bottle of rum every week so dont know what u would class that as.

Back