[DM800HD] How does a dreambox update the date and time?

theblueirish

Inactive User
Reaction score
Being having a problem with the dreambox (no data on transponder), I have noticed that when this happens the date is always jan 1st 2000, I am wondering if the two are connected.
does anyone know how the date and time are updated?

In Telnet type:

date -s YYYY.MM.DD-hh:mm:ss

YYYY is Year
MM is Month
DD is Day
hh is Hour (0-24)
mm is Minute
ss is Second

The 800 gets it time from the transponder it on

thanks, I will try that next time it happens. I have a feeling that when the dm is booting it is looking for the time and not finding it. The channels will shows EPG data and signal strength but get the error no data on transponder.
I think the two are linked. I will post my findings next time it happens

I have a similar problem the box displays the correct time at start up then the the clock stops. This is the clock which shows Greenwich mean time. I can get it going again by zapping through channels but it will stop again. This leaves it impossible to use the timer as it rarely shows the correct time. anyone any ideas

Have to checked to see if theres an Enigma2 NTP plugin avaialble so you can since time and date via that instead of the transponder data.

I searched all the available plugins. There is nothing of that description .To date I have tried various different images and none have solved the problem Thanks for your time

Found two plugins that may help, but i've never had this problem myself so no idea if they will work or not.

Attachments

• ntpdate.rar
    27.9 KB · Views: 89
  • enigma2-plugin-extensions-ntpupdatemanager_1.0.2_mipsel.rar
    3.4 KB · Views: 71
Found two plugins that may help, but i've never had this problem myself so no idea if they will work or not.
I installed plugin and selected the server for my country. This was at 12.30 pm . I came home at 16.45 hours and the clock was showing 14.04 hours . On closer examination the clock was still working but has lost two hours and forty one minutes in that time

i know the 2nd one states enigma 2 but does anyone know if the top one works on enigma1 - could solve my 500c server/oscam issue - currently have to telnet in to set the time.

Back