How do you like your cheese?

I feel like a chav now with my plain old cheddar and tucs.

Never heard of Lancashire cheese before...

Is it local or Nationwide?

don't know, my grandparents lived in Preston, i always but from the same shop when ever im in the area.

I feel like a chav now with my plain old cheddar and tucs.
Mature cheddar on a buttered Hovis sweet meal biscuit is my preferred choice but like a bit of Brie and Camembert too. Nothing quite like a strong Stilton with a glass of red wine too. Difference it makes to the wine is amazing. Not dunking like! 😳

I'm all for trying something new.....looks nice.
I'm intrigued to see how the cider mixes with cheese....
I'll let you know how i got on with it matey.

There really is only one cracker of choice which is a jacobs cream cracker (other cracker brands do exist 😀)

Nice bit of Red Leicester plenty of branstons pickle and a pickles onion on the side.

@ukbob This is nice from the Aldi and a bit of crusty bread or tortilla chips to dip in😋

Especially blue cheeses😋
I always think it's a good idea to get a half-round of Stilton then end up with an inedible bit :(.

I once had some that I'd left so long it smelt of ammonia. I looked it up and sure enough, if you starve the mould that makes the edible rind of oxygen (or keep it too cold), it will respire anaerobically, and produce ammonia.

Hope I haven't put anyone off their blue cheese :).

What cheese should I buy tonight?

I always think it's a good idea to get a half-round of Stilton then end up with an inedible bit :(.

I once had some that I'd left so long it smelt of ammonia. I looked it up and sure enough, if you starve the mould that makes the edible rind of oxygen (or keep it too cold), it will respire anaerobically, and produce ammonia.

Hope I haven't put anyone off their blue cheese :).

What cheese should I buy tonight?
Get tha sen sum Roquefort from Aldi😋

Back