how about a warning room ?

dont do it it"ll hurt

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
as above a warning room for those close to getting banned for a day to perm
may make them think before going any further
could be increasable from 1 to 5 days depending on how many times they have been in there
just an idea
regards
this aint for mods and admin to put me in every flipping day neither

well the new infraction system should take care of that, as people will get infractions before being automatically banned by the system, unless its very serious in which case they will get automatically banned straight off, but only a short ban.

It would take a few infractions relatively quickly to reach a permanent ban, so if they start stacking up that should be a warning?

it is also possible to send a warning before sending an infraction, but i dont think there's any need to let other people know who has been warned/received infractions.

just my opinion on it, other staff might have different thoughts. :)

A warning room sounds good but it is a form of victimisation as some people make mistakes when they are new, had to much amber nectar, got the hump, get carried away etc. A warning room would remind me of the old fashioned stocks.

I like the infraction system as it lets users know that there is a problem with their behaviour without it being a public telling off.

Unless circumstances are exceptional most bans are 3 days to start with then there is a vote taken if it is serious to consider a longer term ban.

As mods we work together so if anyone gets a ban for longer than 3 days then while we will not discuss it in open forum you will know that it was discusssed and we as a majority felt the longer ban was needed.

We do not take sole decisions unlike mods on some sites and I for 1 like it this way.

Don't think it's a good idea (sorry ddiih), just my opinion.

Even without the infractions I would still have said the same, it would only bring fights and bickering into the open forum.

I know sometimes mistakes are made by staff and members but that should be solved via pm and not in the open.

The infractions system may stop the farce which happened before with multiple bannings...and before anyone jumps on me...YES they deserved to be banned but my point is that the infraction system may actually stop people going over the edge if they see the next infracton would get them a ban.

How do you know if you have an infraction...does it show up clearly in usercp....anyone want to give me an infraction so I can see, you can remove it or leave it there after I see, I am just curious...:proud:

Don't think it's a good idea (sorry ddiih), just my opinion.

Even without the infractions I would still have said the same, it would only bring fights and bickering into the open forum.

I know sometimes mistakes are made by staff and members but that should be solved via pm and not in the open.

The infractions system may stop the farce which happened before with multiple bannings...and before anyone jumps on me...YES they deserved to be banned but my point is that the infraction system may actually stop people going over the edge if they see the next infracton would get them a ban.

How do you know if you have an infraction...does it show up clearly in usercp....anyone want to give me an infraction so I can see, you can remove it or leave it there after I see, I am just curious...:proud:
u have 1 now

JUST A QUICKY ON INFRACTIONS, is it put to a vote in mods room and if agreed its done as i think it could be abused slightly if its left down to one mod to make that judgement.

a person could get one for virtually nothing because its easy to infract someone then ban them but multiple easy infractions add up to a ban,

i can see more bans being given out over time because of silly nothing infractions being thrust upon people willy nilly.

we all see the post that deserve them from time to time but whats to stop some mod that has a disagreement with a member going off his own back and doing it because they dont like something said to them?

just curious not that it would ever affect me lmao.....;)

JUST A QUICKY ON INFRACTIONS, is it put to a vote in mods room and if agreed its done as i think it could be abused slightly if its left down to one mod to make that judgement.

a person could get one for virtually nothing because its easy to infract someone then ban them but multiple easy infractions add up to a ban,

i can see more bans being given out over time because of silly nothing infractions being thrust upon people willy nilly.

we all see the post that deserve them from time to time but whats to stop some mod that has a disagreement with a member going off his own back and doing it because they dont like something said to them?

just curious not that it would ever affect me lmao.....;)

You are free to contact admin if you think any infraction by a mod was unjust and it will be investigated.

What is a mods room?

just got this instruction book to read, its 10 inches thick and has doodles of sheep and some suspicious stains all over it. Its also written in binary :(

Back