homeplugs on a bm7000s

phatnapper

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all can anyone help with this situation, I recently installed a sat with a bm7000s with latest firmware, a set of homeplugs from 7dayshop and A sub ;-) which was all working fine till monday when just out of the blue i got the screen scrambled channel ( s ). I contacted my supplier who has given me a new line, and after numerous attempts at resetting the box and installing all the different dated softwares for the box i still had my status disconnected although protocol was active. Now after checking all wires and things i noticed on the homeplugs that the data lights weren't on ( although power and ethernet lights were ), so i tried to get it connected via xbox 360, when i plugged the ethernet cable into xbox 360 and scanned, it reported back it couldnt make a connection via hardwire but it could wirelessly. So im assuming the homeplugs have failed after only 2 weeks. If anyone could shed a little light i would be very grateful. Cheers P.N

It's possible the 'pairing' has crapped out - most homeplugs I've used have a 'pairing' button. Basically, you press the button on one and then press the button on the other within a few minutes and they start searching for each other. Pairing could fail if you had a bit of a spike up the mains. Also, ensure they are connected into wall points and not extension cords...

guys thanks for replies, both are connected to wall points and have pressed and held buttons at bottom, altough only one of the units will display all lights lit at anyone but then goes back to the 2 lit without the data symbol, is there anything im doing wrong, as these things were plug and play.

Here is a strange one that i found, I have a set of Maxx home plugs, all were running great, was working on a dm500 and the plugs stopped working, played with the home plugs couldn't get them to work. Stopped working on the dm500, unplugged it and hey presto the home plugs started to work again.

Thought this couldn't be right so plugged in the dm500 power supply not connected to the 500 and again the home plugs stopped working. unplugged the power supply and plugs stated working again.

No idea why this was happening as the dm power supply was plugged into a different socket.

Have you plugged in anything new close to your plugs?

TIP:

If I ever need to check if my Blade is online ok I just go into

menu..system settings..blade online

..and see if it brings up all the channel files for downloading.

If it does I'm online fine.

Hope this helps... it sure helps me :)

Homeplugs are the bain of my existence. I have a pair that I bought from Solwise many moons ago, and randomly all my channels will scramble and I'll have lost the connection. There was a downloadable bit of software that allowed me to connect to each plug and setup a "network name". Does something similar to pushing the "Search" button on the plugs. If I set the net name of 1 to "MyNewNetwork" or something and set the other with the exact same name then they find each other. I think it's power spikes from the S9 (which has no Earth connection in the plug) that "resets" the plugs. Pain in the rear end! I was looking at buying one of these to use instead http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004FMI3DA/ref=s9_simh_gw_p147_d7_g147_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0K0QQD3SYV97VERRZ3GG&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128533&pf_rd_i=468294

homeplugs are hit and miss i find
think its all down to the house there installed in and the type of plugs used
i have had to hard wire a few houses due to home plugs being crap
but i have seen others where it works great with no issues (even the same set )
i took a set out one house because of droppin and installed in another and its been fine

I have 7dayshop plugs and found the ethernet cable do not make good connection.
I wedged piece of paper on the ethernet clip to wedge open and now no problem.

Back