how can i reset my machine without a remote

dave_c

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi all , have a panasonic dmr hw220 freeview recorder , changed the remote control code the other day after switching machine off , remote control no longer functions for some reason , can switch the machine on via the on/off button located in top lef corner of machine , but when press remote nothing happens , i get set 5 in display , but i had changed it set 2 as not to switch on my other panasonic device , is there any way to do some kind of reset to let me somehow get the remote and unit working together , as said at the moment remote is not responding to machine , nothing in way of machine , and new batts in remote

Remote Control Change the remote control code on the main unit and the remote control if you place other Panasonic products close together. • Use “Set Code1”, the factory set code, under normal circumstances. 1 Select the code, then press [OK]. 2 While pressing [OK], press and hold the number button ([1] to [6]) for more than 5 seconds. 3 Press and hold [OK] for more than 5 seconds. 4 Press [OK]. • Operation is possible only with Panasonic remote controls with “IR6” printed at the bottom when the remote control code of this unit is set to “Set Code 4”, “Set Code 5” or “Set Code 6”.

cant get the remote to switch on the main unit so cant get to anywhere to change code . also if switch main machine on via power switch remote still does not respond.

Have you tried holding the ok button and number 1 on the remote for 10 seconds.
This worked on Panasonic dvd recorders when the remote was out of sync....
@dave_c
what I have read is that if you’re recorder is displaying 5 then the remote has to be set to 5 by holding the 5 key and the ok button together on the remote for several seconds as parker13 mentioned in the post above.

Last edited:
This is from my DMR BWT800 user manual

In the TV section of the remote - Whilst pressing the red on/off button, enter the code with the number buttons.
The Panasonic codes are 01/02/03/04. Test by turning on the TV and changing channels.
Repeat the procedure until you find the code that allows correct operation

====== EDIT =====

Just to add, that is to control a TV with the DMR remote..

thanks parker13 did try your suggestion and worked fine after trying a couple of times .

thanks albob i now saved that and will download manual

Back