Home report radiator question

chronoman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm getting home report done and I've got a radiator attached to my central heating system .
Will this need to get removed for home report or will it be ignored ?
Cheers Chronoman

I don't really understand the question. Most central heating systems have radiators attached to them...or am I missing something?

I don't really understand the question. Most central heating systems have radiators attached to them...or am I missing something?

My thoughts exactly. Not much good without radiators lol

I'm getting home report done and I've got a radiator attached to my central heating system .
Will this need to get removed for home report or will it be ignored ?
Cheers Chronoman

Sorry forgot to add sentence about it being in my conservaratory
Cheers Chronoman

Makes sense now lol. It probably wont comply with building regs so might be easier to remove it

Aren't most household boilers limited to about 7 radiators?. If your boiler is more powerful then one more rad won't make much difference surely?.

Aren't most household boilers limited to about 7 radiators?. If your boiler is more powerful then one more rad won't make much difference surely?.
It's against building regs to extend your heating into a conservatory, it has to have an independent heating system

It's against building regs to extend your heating into a conservatory, it has to have an independent heating system

So for home report I'm better disconnecting and removing radiator for energy report .
Thanks for replies
Chronoman

So for home report I'm better disconnecting and removing radiator for energy report .
Thanks for replies
Chronoman

If you can yes but unless you can hide all traces of there being a radiator there before it might not make a difference,you used to be able to have it connected to your main heating system provided it was on a separate circuit/zone to any other circuit/zones,

Bear in mind I dont know anything about Home Reports so I am only going by building regs,

take the rad out and blank cap the pipes and if poss box them in to hide them. It can be reversed after the home report is done

take the rad out and blank cap the pipes and if poss box them in to hide them. It can be reversed after the home report is done

Or a plant pot with a hole cut out of the bottom ;)

Back