Address: 62.31.64.39

> news.blueyonder.co.uk
Server: ns1-edi.blueyonder.net
Address: 62.31.64.39

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: news.blueyonder.co.uk
Addresses: 194.117.143.38, 194.117.143.53, 194.117.143.37

>

peak hours can be very slow you will hit a good speed though, think i got 4200kb/s quite stable one time, you can hear the harddrive scratching as well the data is being written so fast lol

mmm looks like its got about 8 different ips prob just need to setup my client properly then i think

Is it just me or is anyone else getting rather high ram usage on the router using this firmware.

Im running Openwrt Kamikaze 7.07 with webif and averaging 90% ram usage when just idling.

This is on a Buffalo WHR-HP-G54

Take a look....

Last edited:
Is it just me or is anyone else getting rather high ram usage on the router using this firmware.

Im running Openwrt Kamikaze 7.07 with webif and averaging 90% ram usage when just idling.

This is on a Buffalo WHR-HP-G54

Take a look....

Mine's running at 83%.

Sipper

Mines running at 60% but Im using tomato at the moment, similar to DDWRT working on a new dual wan method :)

Anyway 80-90% sounds about right, can be quite high depending on amount of connections you have open.

Mines running at 60% but Im using tomato at the moment, similar to DDWRT working on a new dual wan method :)

Anyway 80-90% sounds about right, can be quite high depending on amount of connections you have open.

mines running at 88%

looking forward to your new method also looking forward to a tripple or quad wan lol

dont like to blag but i have 5 modems connected to the router at the moment ^_^

i havent made it automate the process though, the load balancing performance is similar to that of wingate as well and doesnt use an ip cache which is much better, getting 450KB/s upload

with u getting speeds like that mate i can see buffalo making a mint on their routers lol

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

i havent made it automate the process though, the load balancing performance is similar to that of wingate as well and doesnt use an ip cache which is much better, getting 450KB/s upload

wots the download speed like mate? is it 50mb (docsis 2 maximum) or is it 5 x 20mb at 100mb?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

im sure you will work it out for us to play with m8 i for 1 cant wait and im sure theres lots of others the same lol.

I've got my Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 running with 2 modems using adamg's script...

If I SSH "ip route" gives me:

194.168.8.100 via 82.0.xx.1 dev eth0.2
194.168.4.100 via 82.0.xx.1 dev eth0.2
192.168.1.0/24 dev br-lan proto kernel scope link src 192.168.1.1
82.0.xx.x/22 dev eth0.2 proto kernel scope link src 82.0.xx.9x
82.0.xx.x/22 dev eth0.1 proto kernel scope link src 82.0.xx.x0x
nexthop via 82.0.xx.x dev eth0.1 weight 1
nexthop via 82.0.xx.x dev eth0.2 weight 1

Yet when I use Grabit to connect to Newshosting I still only manage to get 20mb speeds. I'm using Grabit as a news client.....I've tried it with the ntl news servers and get the same 20mb speeds....

BTW the IP in the nexthop part is the same on both lines...should it be?

Any ideas??

Maybe your USENET provider only supports up to 20MB speeds or signing in from one IP at any time ;)

:)

Pic of me uploading a tv episode I downloaded with new rig setup

blah.JPG

That's a v v good upload speed. What programs/servers are you using for newsgroups...

I'm still only getting 20mb speeds using Newhosting and Grabit...

if that is what ur upload is like whats ur download speeds like mate?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

pootas: Dont use newswhatever, I have tested the blueyonder servers though with grabit and it works fine, 4.5MB/s is most I've ever seen though

It was my upload MFCGAVMFC.

Do the blueyonder servers work in all areas?...nslookup shows 3 ip's for the blueyonder server but i cant connect to any of them....im in a pure area if that makes any difference...

Adamg are you using torrents then?

Dont use torrents either, Im not a warez fan tbh, I get my tv episodes weekly and thats about it.

NTL servers are also linked to Blueyonder servers I believe so try them.

It's weird....The 2 modems seem to be working fine...Yet when I'm downloading on the newsgroups I only get 20mb speeds even tho if I log into the router and check the status page it shows 20mb coming thro each WAN port....

Any ideas?

Back