High Sammy LCDS failure

which sammy do you mean any samsung lcd? i find it hard to believe that its all sets as if this were true they wouldnt be the leader in lcd tv's would they.

plus i have not read anywere on the net from independent review sites that they have high failure rates.

largest manufacturer due to the fact Sony etc use their panels - Panasonic are the leading sales manufacturer in japan and us at the moment - seems only us brits have a hard-on for samsung - they have no higher faliure rate than anyone else - sounds like this guys retailer has some naughty stock room boys. 3 in a row = they were chucked around at some point.

i went for one of the cheap brands hanspree..... £300 great pic and 3yr onsite warrenty :p

i have seen samsungs and yes the picture is a bit more vibrent, but hey, if i spend £300 and it breaks. its under warenty :p ive sold a few of these now, and not had any back yet :p

i spoke to a guy the other day who works for currys he said these are there best seller and the tv that is the least returned? 2 different shops 2 different answers.

i spoke to a guy the other day who works for currys he said these are there best seller and the tv that is the least returned? 2 different shops 2 different answers.

I think you need to read my post again.

Working for COMET in a services centre (not a shop) I am actually in a position to see what you are talking about.
Unfortunately in this case I disagree.
The truth is that Samsung out sell any other make by at least 2 to 1 and even though we do get more Sams back because of this, they are still one of the most well built and reliable LCDs we sell .

I'm sure were saying the same thing lol

i went for one of the cheap brands hanspree..... £300 great pic and 3yr onsite warrenty :p

i have seen samsungs and yes the picture is a bit more vibrent, but hey, if i spend £300 and it breaks. its under warenty :p ive sold a few of these now, and not had any back yet :p

Sounds like great value for money mate . At that price you cant lose
all the best

I'm sorry but these are a load of shit for reliability, i have been through 3rd one within 3 months and its becoming a bit of a pain in the backside. And from what i have been reading (and speaking to a repairer) elsewhere these arent 1 off "special cases". They have a very high percentage rate of failures.

For all of you who have one and its still going, then well done!! i think i'm going to pay that extra and get a premium set. I guess you get what you pay for!!

For all of you who are looking to buy one, buy with extreme caution!!!

Im interested to know, where did you buy the 3 Samsung lcd tv's which broke down?

Im interested to know, where did you buy the 3 Samsung lcd tv's which broke down?

Yes also as other have asked and its not yet been answered "What model was it that he bought? Maybe its a particular model number????

model - LE26R74BDX
from AJ elec (this issue shouldnt be associated with this reseller....they were extremly good in helping me)......they have a store in town ....but i got it from the website

problem dead pixels on 1 and other 2 stopped working after a while.......i have to say that i ended up getting the panasonic 26TX70 and the picture is hell of a lot better than the samsung (although still no way close to CRTs for black response!!).......no matter how much i tried to callibrate the samsung i just couldnt get a decent picture

Last edited:
Im browsing this site now on my 32" Samsung. model: LE32R88BD
the picture is brilliant, no dead pixels. Unfortunatly i dont think ive got a warranty on it because i bought it from curries. just hope it doesnt pack up.

Alright Steve

i may have been unlucky but on another forum a user had the same issues.......and the contract repairer said he dealt with a lot of samsung.....however i didnt like the picture on the samsung......it may have been good on HD but i was mostly viewing it with SD and DVD......in both respects the paanny does a better job (although not perfect).....For my main room i'm holding out for the impending pioneer 8th gen plasma....they had better be as good as suggested from the reviews from over the continent ........

I'm sorry but these are a load of shit for reliability, i have been through 3rd one within 3 months and its becoming a bit of a pain in the backside. And from what i have been reading (and speaking to a repairer) elsewhere these arent 1 off "special cases". They have a very high percentage rate of failures.

For all of you who have one and its still going, then well done!! i think i'm going to pay that extra and get a premium set. I guess you get what you pay for!!

For all of you who are looking to buy one, buy with extreme caution!!!
have got a large sammy in our office being used as a moniter, because it was cheaper than buying a moniter of this size, displaying airport style information, hanging in the portrait mode and is on 24/7. we all said it wouldn't last, 5 months and counting, not been switched off yet.........

Not Happy with my Sammy LE32R88BD the panel is covered in smudges.
Trying to get some redress through SOGA.

Sammy still fail quite a bit. In December alone I had 2 5003's to replace due to a line down the screen and a 6530 that had a dead pixel

My Sammy LE40M86BD is still going strong after 5 years, not a problem with it.

Bought my 37" Samsung panel in Summer '07 - it's still working fine (touch wood).

I wonder if Sony has a similar % failure rate, as up until recently they co-owned an LCD panel fabribcation with Samsung.

Back