High Sammy LCDS failure

logic_187

Inactive User
Reaction score
I'm sorry but these are a load of shit for reliability, i have been through 3rd one within 3 months and its becoming a bit of a pain in the backside. And from what i have been reading (and speaking to a repairer) elsewhere these arent 1 off "special cases". They have a very high percentage rate of failures.

For all of you who have one and its still going, then well done!! i think i'm going to pay that extra and get a premium set. I guess you get what you pay for!!

For all of you who are looking to buy one, buy with extreme caution!!!

which sammy do you mean any samsung lcd? i find it hard to believe that its all sets as if this were true they wouldnt be the leader in lcd tv's would they.

plus i have not read anywere on the net from independent review sites that they have high failure rates.

I wouldnt call them leaders in the LCD world! All they are, are good value for money! The people who havent had problems are the lucky ones.

I spoke to a person where i bought it form and they said they have a lot of problems with them and the philips ...... on this 3rd occasion a repairer came to look at it and also said most of his repairs are on samsung and advised me to get a refund or change to another brand

Last edited:
I wouldnt call them leaders in the LCD world! All they are, are good value for money! The people who havent had problems are the lucky ones.

I spoke to a person where i bought it form and they said they have a lot of problems with them and the philips ...... on this 3rd occasion a repairer came to look at it and also said most of his repairs are on samsung and advised me to get a refund or change to another brand

well i cincerly hope your wrong as ive just bought a samsung lcd and i love it.

but i do stress i find no hard evidence to support your claim. not that im saying your lying but that it certainly doesnt seem to be a wide spread problem like you say.

my m8 had an hitachi lcd that packed in 4 times and the shop gave him a free upgrade in the end. so thats samsung phillips and hitachis lol.

from what ive read 40% of lcd screens fail but that is in the production stages not after they have left the factory.

"In fact, 40% of LCDs coming off the assembly line must be thrown away. This doesn’t mean that one you pick up from the store has a high failure rate. In fact, it’s quite the opposite. Only in the manufacturing does the LCD have a high failure rate".

taken from here. http://chooseyourtv.com/lcd.html

no offence taken......i am only speaking from what happened to me and what i have heard......i mean it could all be wrong!!!

I'm sorry but these are a load of shit for reliability, i have been through 3rd one within 3 months and its becoming a bit of a pain in the backside. And from what i have been reading (and speaking to a repairer) elsewhere these arent 1 off "special cases". They have a very high percentage rate of failures.

For all of you who have one and its still going, then well done!! i think i'm going to pay that extra and get a premium set. I guess you get what you pay for!!

What Samsung model(s) did you have which broke down. Im getting an lcd tv soon and dont want to experience your problems.

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=108625
i had a prob with my sammy aswell as u can see from my thread
they took it away about 6 wks ago and i still havent heard anything from them so am i right in saying they only have 3mths before they have to give u a replacement? and new guarantee?
i swap from the sammy though as it is a great tv apart from the prob ihad with that 1 i havent had any other probs with my other sammys
hope u get it sorted m8

I was going to get a sammy. forget that now, I think i'll go for a Sony or a Phillips. I heard LG lcd's also arent that reliable to although the picture quality is excellent.

logic_187 said:
I wouldnt call them leaders in the LCD world! All they are, are good value for money!

In your first post you said they are a load of shit for realiability so how can they be good value for money if thats true?

Last edited:
when i say 'value for money' the picture is good for the price you pay...its just the reliability thats questionable at times!....you never know you could get one and works perfect to the end of its life.....or you could get headache like i did.........got my sony now and the picture is better (after some tweaking) lets hope it dont pack up like the sammy.

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=108625
i had a prob with my sammy aswell as u can see from my thread
they took it away about 6 wks ago and i still havent heard anything from them so am i right in saying they only have 3mths before they have to give u a replacement? and new guarantee?
i swap from the sammy though as it is a great tv apart from the prob ihad with that 1 i havent had any other probs with my other sammys
hope u get it sorted m8

depends on what agreement you have with them

Working for COMET in a services centre (not a shop) I am actually in a position to see what you are talking about.
Unfortunately in this case I disagree.
The truth is that Samsung out sell any other make by at least 2 to 1 and even though we do get more Sams back because of this, they are still one of the most well built and reliable LCDs we sell.

IMO the 40" SAMSUNG LE40N73BD has the best picture I have ever seen todate and this isn't even a 1080 set.

Last edited:
Working for COMET in a services centre (not a shop) I am actually in a position to see what you are talking about.
Unfortunately in this case I disagree.
The truth is that Samsung out sell any other make by at least 2 to 1 and even though we do get more Sams back because of this, they are still one of the most well built and reliable LCDs we sell.

IMO the 40" SAMSUNG LE40N73BD has the best picture I have ever seen todate and this isn't even a 1080 set.

i dont know reports (what Tv, plasma, etc etc) suggest other LCD manufacturers are far better if money isnt an issue....... but the samsung is a stonking set if on a budget.

i dont know reports (what Tv, plasma, etc etc) suggest other LCD manufacturers are far better if money isnt an issue....... but the samsung is a stonking set if on a budget.

To be fair on that one you’re probably right, it is only COMET and we don't sell the best of the best.

IMO:
Stay clear of Hitachi, JVC, LG/Philips (same thing)
And go for the tosh or sam (Sony and Sam are again very very similar just paying for the word SONY)
And if it has to be a plasma then Pioneer or Panasonic

I'm intrested in knowing what you mean by premium set ?
What are you sat infront of now ?
Thanks
jase

every single make of LCD or Plasma has their own problems. no matter how much money you spend. I prefer Plasma some prefer LCD. Sony suffer with their internal digi tuners on SD ,IMO Plasma's the leaders in the market pioneer and panny, both have major problems with purple snakes, green tinges(panny 6's and the new 7's also I hear)

(pioneer 4270xd and 427XD with the dirty screen affect.)

IMO you get what you pay for but ,ALL have some problems although they wont admit it.

Doesn't Samsung make Sonys LCD screens. I guess its the internals not the screen itself which is failing, otherwise you could say the same about Sonys.

ALL have some problems although they wont admit it.

SPOT ON MATE:
We just have to get what we need at the time, two weeks later it’s out of date any way.

I bought an Lcd's because I’m always plugging in laptops and walking away for hour’s lol . It had nothing to do with TV , I use a dbox2 for this and they’re not exactly renowned for their HD pic lol .

Doesn't Samsung make Sonys LCD screens. I guess its the internals not the screen itself which is failing, otherwise you could say the same about Sonys.

Very true sir
I wouldn’t say Sony were any better or worse than Sam for reliability you just pay for their styling and name.

Very true sir
I wouldn’t say Sony were any better or worse than Sam for reliability you just pay for their styling and name.

Just pay for styling and name? In my LCD tv thread logic_187 said:

Samsung do make pannels for Sony, BUT Sony adds it's own circuitry to make it better. Yes you do pay more for Sony displays but some of that is taken up by the R&D of the technology being used and some on the 'name'. Sony's Picture Software/ circuitry is a lot better than the Samsungs.

Back