Help

finearrow

Inactive User
Reaction score
I recently lost my DM800se to a lightening strike, I have received the replacement and installed Rats image [BackUp] DW v1.1. I need to have mgcamd 35a installed. I can download it but it does not show under cam selection to enable it. I managed to install it manually last time into the folders but having no success this time. Can someone please explain to me how to get mgcamd working again.

Many thanks Regards Finearrow

I recently lost my DM800se to a lightening strike, I have received the replacement and installed Rats image [BackUp] DW v1.1. I need to have mgcamd 35a installed. I can download it but it does not show under cam selection to enable it. I managed to install it manually last time into the folders but having no success this time. Can someone please explain to me how to get mgcamd working again.

Hi i dont know a lot about mgcamd but have a look here.
Linux Receiver Settings

you might need the right cam for the image if its openpli base image use openpli cam try rats new backup DigitalWorldz Backup 28/02/2014 4.0, ssl84d 800SE - Downloads - Digitalworldz

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Many thanks for all you help but I have been able to download and install on Rats original back up PLI image but mgcamd is not there to enable.
Been doing my head in for two days trying different images, now I've got CA not found,NCF Sim2 application gets rid of it but dream up puts CA not found back on,even with DM in boot mode browser goes to web control with red screen. Stuffed !

Must be loosing a few brain cells, I managed to sort it back in 2011 by tranfering files to folders but not now,and now I have no ca found to contend with, I've had to walk away before my head explodes !

I have never had to contend with NO CA before, the situation I'm in now is...I can use the DM to watch tv but cant change the image.

Last edited:
Yes the image will be fine.

But to download MGcamd on your current image press

Menu-Plugins and then the green button

Hi Ferret, I,ve got this far with the above image installed, followed your instructions to download mgcamd but got the message "failed to install package"

Thanks for all your help so far

Regards Finearrow

Im sure 1.3.5 is in there.

Ok just done the manual install of mgcamd, same problem, DM says its installed but is not showing in softcams so cant enable it.
This is the problem I have been having for the last two days.

It would seem that mgcamd no longer works on pli based images, any ideas ?

Thanks for all your help so far.

Best regards Finearrow

Looks like I need libcrypto.so.0.9.7 in the lib folder, I remember doing this last time to get it working, but where did I get it from ?

Regards Finearrow

Well after 3 days and a lot of reading here and on other forums I think it is safe to say that mgcamd does not work on OPEN PLI 4 image, they dont support it anymore.
Now I just need to find an image that supports mgcamd.

Regards Finearrow

Hi Im using mgcamd 138c on pli4 with no issues dm800se

Using DCC looked in bin and keys folder, nothing, no reference to mgcamd, keys folder empty.

Apparantly I can use tenet to install it but I dont know how.

Many thanks so far, all this is on a clean flash of rats latest pli 4 backup image.

Regards Finearrow:Angryfire

is Mgcamd 1.38c not in openpli 4.0 plugin menu

Tried that yesterday no joy, just installed 35a for pli4, same thing not installed, getting nowhere, can someone make a backup PLI4 image for me with mgcamd set up and working ?, any chance ?

Regards Finearrow

Reflash the backup image by Rat and start afresh. Once you install the correct mgcamd, start it using telnet and then report back with any errors.

Back