Help with vPlug

samf88

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hope I'm posting this in the right forum.

On Sunday I finally managed to get vPlug working in DVBViewer, but today (Monday) it has just suddenly stopped working. I've tried manually resetting keys but it just doesn't seem to work anymore - and I am recording something at 9pm so I could do with getting this sorted quick! Can anybody help?

I was using N 5D01 00 0000000000000000 and N 5D01 01 0000000000000000 originally but now it just doesn't seem to work.

Any advice welcome.

Issue sorted now. Didn't realise the keys changed all the time... gonna be a bit of a ball ache that!! Is there any way of having it auto-update?

Issue sorted now. Didn't realise the keys changed all the time... gonna be a bit of a ball ache that!! Is there any way of having it auto-update?

What version of vplug is it??

It's version 2.3.8. Have just had to update the keys AGAIN - it might not be worth the hassle if it keeps doing this and I'll have to start looking into alternatives!

Any suggestions on autoupdating the keys?

It should AU if you set it up properly. I think you need to tweak some settings in one of the ini files so that the AU decryption is automatically started when bad operational keys are detected. Once started the AU should update your operational keys within a couple of minutes.

Thanks Nozzer.

In vplug.ini I have two things relating to AU. These are their current settings:

TPS_AU=0
DisableAU=0

I'm guessing I need to switch TPS_AU to 1? Any idea if that's right?

I think its more to do with the v_emm.ini file

something like -

[5401]
Schedule=1
Active=1

[5501]
Schedule=1
Active=1

[5A01]
Schedule=1
Active=1

[5B01]
Schedule=1
Active=1

[5C01]
Schedule=1
Active=1

[5D01]
Schedule=1
Active=1

You may also need to put entries for each of the PID Emm's as well

ie PID=0080

Obviously the Emm PID id will vary depending on supplier but you should see it displayed in the top window of Vplug

I see. Currently for my area I have in v_emm.ini:

[5D01]
PID=0080
Schedule=1
Active=1

I presume there is nothing I can change here, then?

I see. Currently for my area I have in v_emm.ini:

[5D01]
PID=0080
Schedule=1
Active=1

I presume there is nothing I can change here, then?

I'd guess you will also need the entry for 5C01

Is 0080 the real PID for Emm's in your area ????

Vplug will probably display the Emm pids it finds on the top pain of its main window (little key symbols next to the entries and then some colums of numbers - there's usually one for ECM PID and one for EMM pid)

ECM (hex) - EMM - A-PID - P-ID - CA-ID - CA-Name - Provider Name - Status -
1E17 0000 0000 005D01 1800 ***********
0000 0000 0328 000000 0000 ---
0000 0000 03A8 000000 0000 ---
0000 1F3F 0000 000000 1800 ***********

That's what I have. Looks like the only EMM that isn't 0 is 1F3F - do I need to replace the 0080?

i use v-plug with dvcviewer the last time i checked (but not been on my comp for a while the new virsion of v-plug au ok without setting anything up...

giz a sec and i will boot comp up to check...

Rich

yep just booted dvbviewer up (have not had it running for about 1month)
updated keys just fine....

i am using v-plug 2.3.7

Rich

ECM (hex) - EMM - A-PID - P-ID - CA-ID - CA-Name - Provider Name - Status -
1E17 0000 0000 005D01 1800 ***********
0000 0000 0328 000000 0000 ---
0000 0000 03A8 000000 0000 ---
0000 1F3F 0000 000000 1800 ***********

That's what I have. Looks like the only EMM that isn't 0 is 1F3F - do I need to replace the 0080?

Try -: in vplug monitor, right click on the key icon (lower on the top opposite 1F3F) choose "activate selected EMM (pid) AU" and they should AU. I use 2.3.6 not tried to set it up to AU automatically!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah, that's how I was trying it anyway but I think that menu item is a bit faulty. I had to do that in the first place but when the keys changed I kept trying it and it just kept giving me invalid key, no pid errors so I had to update manually.

I guess it's lucky I've decided to invest in V+ and a Hauppauge HD PVR for recordings... heh.

I don't know if it's too late but, according to Vahid (VPLug's developer), it's essential that with the later versions you run the installer to install it as opposed to earlier versions where you'd just extract and dump into the plug-ins folder.

I'm using 2.3.8 and I've got no issues on (I think) 5B01, all I had to do was install it and tell it where the plug-ins directory is, no configuration changes at all.

Yeah, I did install it with the installer when I got it. I think I am getting somewhere though, as today when I changed the PID in v_emm.ini, I did actually get it to 'update' without typing in the new keys. I am just hoping next time it will do it on its own :)

Thanks for all the help and advice everyone! It is appreciated.

Hmm, seems it has stopped auto-updating already. I don't know if I have it set up wrong or if the keyroll method has changed or something... anybody able to share their wisdom?

if its VM your on then they have changed the key roll method that knocked off most if not all not subbed cable equipment including DVB cards

can anyone help with Vplug 2.3.9 and mediaportal.
I have installed MP 1 rc4 and managed to find softcam.key with updated keys. I puts this in MDplugins folder with the rest of the Vplug files I extracted, but nothing clears.

I can include a screen print if it's of any help or can anyone PM an attached working MDplugins folder for TW area?

Thanjs

Back