help with psp

allseeing

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi i have a psp running devhook my daughter wanted the sims castaway,but it says i need firmware 3.52 or later any help will be appreicted.

Devhook is history mate and can only emulate upto 3.11 firmware.
format the memory stick and install custom firmware.

you dont have enough posts to access the downloads but you can get the 3.52 M33 installer here: h**p://www.calo-hacks.com/3.52m33.html

as your running devhook i take it your on firmware 1.5 at the moment
so you will need the "Upgrade from firmware 1.50 Full Installation Installer "
there is a read me that explains what to do.

after updating to 3.52 M33 format the memory stick then you can then apply the #4 update "3.52 M33 Custom Firmware Update 4 (Only for use, after installing a full installation of 3.52M33 below) "

once done format the MS again and put your ISO/CSO games in the ISO folder.
then goto the game / memory stick and play the game.
no need for iso loaders like devhook.

thanks kryton ill give it a go this isent my fortay pc,s are

it's really not that hard mate.

the installers by calo are very simple to use.
you just extract the contents to your memory stick by double clicking on the installer and choosing your PSP's path.

then close the USB and run the installer from the game / memory stick.

because your on 1.5 you will need to run the kxploit patcher first before running the 3.52 M33 installer.
but its all included and the read me file will explain further mate.

i started by doing what it said restore defults now it cant be reconnised in usb mode so i can do the updater. firmware is now 150

i started by doing what it said restore defults now it cant be reconnised in usb mode so i can do the updater. firmware is now 150
Thats strange. restoring defaults is strictly nessercary but shouldnt stop your USB from connecting.
you get anything on the PC at all when connecting the USB?

it says unreconised and if i go to memery stick it says return to 1.50 from fw2.xx and it still has devhook there but if i run either it comes up blue screen lots of writing saying press 0 to repair or restore defult settings

also when i restart its says you must update system software

you still have devhook installed.

goto settings / system settings and format the memory stick like john said.
then install the 3.52 M33 update to your memory stick.

done that still wont reconise it when i go to usb connection,theres a thing saying update ver 2.00

theres a thing saying update ver 2.00

that will be the update on the UMD you have in the disc drive.
dont press that.

has the USB just stopped working? i have a dodgy USB lead that gives me the same error "device not recognised"

when it was working before when ever i was running 1.50 it wouldent reconise it only when ran devhook it would

there is a disc in it

you can take the disc out, its not needed to upgrade to custom firmware.

you need to get the USB working in order to extract the 3.52 M33 installer to the memory stick.

has the USB just stopped working today?
like i say i get that message "device not recognised" from a fooked USB cable i have.

when it was working before when ever i was running 1.50 it wouldent reconise it only when ran devhook it would

strange.
have you now removed devhook? (formatted the memory stick?)

try restoring factory defaults now devhook has gone

Back