CD & DVD help with nero and vcd

phantom

Member +
Reaction score
i downloaded a film from kazaa then converted it to mpeg then tryed to burn it using nero but it wont play in my dvd play wich ui know plays vcd copies if i put it in pc it says its an audio file can anyone help me please as i aint got a clue cheers:confused:

did u burnit as a vcd ?

I had probs with nero, I use WinOnCD for vcd's I find it better, Nero seems to be the best for all the other things though!

Personally I cant knock Nero for doing vcd and svcd.
What software did you use for the conversion and what format was the original movie file in?

i did burn it as a vcd cant remember what format it was in before i done it but i used TMPGEnc which is ok as it works fine for my brother cheers for the help.

Are you sure that you chose VCD mode in Nero and not ISO as this will just copy the file as it is.
Also Nero does a check first in VCD mode to see whether or not the file is indeed VCD compat. If not then it offers to do the convertion for you before burning. (Not very reliable this method as AV synch is nearly always out)

Check the settings in TMPG. It may be that you have coverted to NTSC format and your player is PAL. Just a theory.

Back