help with Lutron Illumniation

starfish876

New Member +
Reaction score
I have a Lutron system that was installed over 10-12 years ago and I am trying to find software to redesign switch functions for each room in the house. Can someone help me in right direction

Looking at one of other thread, Download of " HomeWorks Illuminations 164.zip will be suffice to access my home switching plan

Is my assumption correct? Thanks

Not sure who on here could help you out but hopefully someone will give you an answer....

Looking at one of other thread, Download of " HomeWorks Illuminations 164.zip will be suffice to access my home switching plan

Is my assumption correct? Thanks

Sorry for late Reply,
The answer to the question is Yes and No.

Questions:
1) how do you know it's an illuminations installation.
2) do you have pictures of the processor.

You need to know what version your system was programmed at, and have the correct version. which means the version on here might work or might need a previous version first.

Programming Illuminations systems:
Not easy, this would be a very steep learning curve... and it would probably cost you around £80 an hour to have an engineer come round and do this for you?
But you can do it and if you have the time it's a rewarding experience.

Optional:
You might also want to consider your upgrade path, by that I mean illuminations when it was first introduced was the best in the business. However now it's not great for LED and also certain dimming methods (trailing, leading, etc). it is also very antiqauted.
You can hardware upgrade illuminations to HomeWorks QS this would need a qualified installer. I would do this slowly to budget if you can. start off with a HWQS processor, then slowly change the modules for newer modules. Also the programming for Homeworks vs Illuminations is night and day.

Mick

@starfish876 what you will likely find yourself running into is a corrupted extraction of your programming. This first series Illumination panels had a glitch, when the backup battery went out and a power outage occurred, the uploaded program file corrupted. the database used by the controller to operate will still function and little will be seen from the user's point of view. Unless you have an offline copy of the program file, you odds of pulling the database out in a useable format is less than 50/50. On top of that, dealers can send a corrupted file to Lutron and they will attempt a repair, but their success rate is about 20%. It is basically an Access Database.

@starfish876 what you will likely find yourself running into is a corrupted extraction of your programming. This first series Illumination panels had a glitch, when the backup battery went out and a power outage occurred, the uploaded program file corrupted. the database used by the controller to operate will still function and little will be seen from the user's point of view. Unless you have an offline copy of the program file, you odds of pulling the database out in a useable format is less than 50/50. On top of that, dealers can send a corrupted file to Lutron and they will attempt a repair, but their success rate is about 20%. It is basically an Access Database.
Where can I find software download for Homeworks Illumination? The system is about 12 years old, what version is the best for that?

Sorry for late Reply,
The answer to the question is Yes and No.

Questions:
1) how do you know it's an illuminations installation.
2) do you have pictures of the processor.

You need to know what version your system was programmed at, and have the correct version. which means the version on here might work or might need a previous version first.

Programming Illuminations systems:
Not easy, this would be a very steep learning curve... and it would probably cost you around £80 an hour to have an engineer come round and do this for you?
But you can do it and if you have the time it's a rewarding experience.

Optional:
You might also want to consider your upgrade path, by that I mean illuminations when it was first introduced was the best in the business. However now it's not great for LED and also certain dimming methods (trailing, leading, etc). it is also very antiqauted.
You can hardware upgrade illuminations to HomeWorks QS this would need a qualified installer. I would do this slowly to budget if you can. start off with a HWQS processor, then slowly change the modules for newer modules. Also the programming for Homeworks vs Illuminations is night and day.

Mick
Hey Mick, would you please be able to provide a download of HWI 1.65 and HWI 1.49 (I read the MDB upload success is better with the older version)?

Our home has an old HRP5-120 with HWI Utility 1.65, and I can't find the 1.65 version anywhere. Let me know if I am off base; and thanks!!

Back