Help with Limited or no connectivity with flashed ambit 256

darrell

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello Fellow DW users

I am in need of a bit of professional advise...hopefully you guys can help a man out

I just purchased a VMedia 256 cable modem from eBay and it come loaded with haxorware 1.1r30 firmware.
The problem i am having is when i plug up the modem (with and without cable feed) ready to apply the necessary changes to get it up and running. it is coming up with "limited or no connectivity" (yellow icon) which in turn do not allow me to sign into the 192.168.100.1 web interface. is there some thing i can do to get it to work so i can apply a valid mac address if so can i use ambit config tool or is there a better prog to use.. i have applied plenty of macs to modems with infinite firmware.. but this is the first time i am tackling the haxorware. i will be using it in an ntl area

I have been told to change or apply valid macs i have to use the haxorware control page!!! is that correct?
if so what is the page because the only page i can find has got a load of screenshots is that the correct haxorware page.?

Cheers guyz

all the help will be much appreciated.

Hello Fellow DW users

I am in need of a bit of professional advise...hopefully you guys can help a man out

I just purchased a VMedia 256 cable modem from eBay and it come loaded with haxorware 1.1r30 firmware.
The problem i am having is when i plug up the modem (with and without cable feed) ready to apply the necessary changes to get it up and running. it is coming up with "limited or no connectivity" (yellow icon) which in turn do not allow me to sign into the 192.168.100.1 web interface. is there some thing i can do to get it to work so i can apply a valid mac address if so can i use ambit config tool or is there a better prog to use.. i have applied plenty of macs to modems with infinite firmware.. but this is the first time i am tackling the haxorware. i will be using it in an ntl area

I have been told to change or apply valid macs i have to use the haxorware control page!!! is that correct?
if so what is the page because the only page i can find has got a load of screenshots is that the correct haxorware page.?

You do not use Ambit config Tool with Haxorware modems mate, all configuration is done via the web interface.

Set your PC IP to 192.168.100.2 and set the Gateway to 192.168.100.1, open your browser and enter 192.168.100.1 into the address bar, this should take you to the Web Interface and allow you to apply the changes you want.

If you are going through a router then disconnect the router and plug the modem directly into the PC Lan socket.

thank you for your help witchy2k1 i have followed your steps,
and i have managed to get the modem out of no connectivity mode i have changed the PC IP to 192.168.100.2 and the Gateway to 192.168.100.1 and have then unplugged the modem and then plugged it back up again and opened up the web browser, and in the address bar i have input 192.168.100.1 but all i am still getting is page cant be displayed... what am i doing wrong.. i am sure the haxorware page should display...

Might be something really silly such as your Firewall, try disabling that for a second while you try to connect.

I find that if my 256 doesn't get a connection after a few tries it kind of locks me out and I can't access the Web Interface until I reboot the modem.

BTW, the Default IP address of the modem can be changed by the user, so there is the possibility that whoever you bought the modem from has changed the address (unlikely).

Haxorware is great firmware for the Ambits, I'm sure you'll enjoy using it more than Infinite.

Last edited:
Try another browser too, IE then Firefox or visa versa.

do you think it would be a good idea to set my
PC IP settings to

ip address; 192.168.100.10
subnet mask 255.255.255.0
default gateway: 192.168.100.1

will this work?

i aint going to try it until i know its going to be ok as i dont want to make things worse than it all ready is

do you think it would be a good idea to set my
PC IP settings to

ip address; 192.168.100.10
subnet mask 255.255.255.0
default gateway: 192.168.100.1

will this work?

i aint going to try it until i know its going to be ok as i dont want to make things worse than it all ready is

Yes this will be fine. It's only a temp measure to allow to access the web gui.

Or disconnect your cable feed and power cycle the modem (take power lead out and put it back in again) and you should be able to access the web gui, that is if the spi chip was actually flashed and installed correctly by whoever you purchased it from.

thanks for your replys chaps

the problem was that it wasnt flashed correctly by the peson i bought it from..
so i got him to reflash it and now it is up and running...

anyhow i have another question i have an infinite firmwared 250 modem box here but i cannot for the life of me get it to connect as i have noticed the V**Media has changed the subnet mast to 255.255.252.0 and also changed there tftp to 10.137.103.3 is there any way i can change the subnet mask from 255 to 252 or is the infinite firmware of no use.. do i need to flash it to use haxorware to get it to work again?

Back