help with image flash please

sniggyfish

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi im using ifa to flash a new image over the blade trinity one but every time i get ......net boot failed in the log screen then a load of german (error message). my box ip is 192.168.0.24 and my pc is set to 192.168.0.20 any help welcome this is driving me nuts..

Last edited by a moderator:
thanx tried that with no joy but mine is different than the one in the link as net boot failed keeps repeating itself bout 10-15 times before i get the error message

thanx tried that with no joy but mine is different than the one in the link as net boot failed keeps repeating itself bout 10-15 times before i get the error message

FTP the image to the /tmp folder on the dbox then flash it using remote, usually

dbox
service
software update
expert functions
write one partition
flash WITHOUT bootloader
select image
red to confirm

What type off cable you using? I found a crossover cable with FashFXP to be very user friendly. Had probs with many other flash utilities. My Image worked 1st time.

hi mate i've had this problem with one box i had the only way around it was to load an image through yweb and it seemed to work have a go mate its pretty easy

i tried the ftp method....... flash one partition and then without bootloader but when it comes to choose image no image shows just blank nothing.....and i put the image in the /tmp folder this why im going bald

i just went to yweb tools and image flash then flash without bootloader it worked for me

yeah but the image has to show up for you to flash my image file that is placed in the tmp folder dosent show up at all so nothing to flash..... any one got the uboot.mot file for hyperterminal

all sorted well the flash part and the crazy thing was didnt do anything different than i have done for the past 5 hrs :BLOBBY:

all sorted well the flash part and the crazy thing was didnt do anything different than i have done for the past 5 hrs :BLOBBY:

If you reboot the box or turn it off after FTPing to /tmp you lose the contents of the folder.

Also some peeps make the mistake of FTPing to var/tmp.

Anyway glad you're fixed m8.

that would do it i kept switching off to move it to me tv thanx for all your help.

Back