Help with HD component AV cable for my Playstation 2

oxss

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have just bought a HD component AV cable for my Playstation 2 from ebay but i cannot seem to get it to work properly. I have a 1080i HD TV and when i put the Playstation on with the cable in it tries to find the resolution, but keep scanning then drops out. If i put a DVD in it works but i still do not see the PS2 loading page. It finds the screen resolution after the PS2 auto loads the DVD.

Could this happen because my Playstation is old and cannot detect my TV's resolution, it is about 5 years old? Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Cheers for the fast reply. Just had a read and it looks good, sounds like it will solve it but i wonder if there is a non cd solution maybe for the Memor32 or something like that. Ive got enough Cd's as it is lol

Do you think that software might be able to go on and boot up from the Memor32?

I have a memor32 and think it is a brilliant piece of kit.

I presume there will be a version which can be booted from the memor32 as I have come across a Action Replay.

I can't seem to remember the website where I downloaded it from but I'l have a search anyway.

I ordered a memor32 over the weekend and still waiting for it to arrive. Should be with me when i get home from work hopefully. Thanks for the help, please let me know if come across the file.

Oh i didnt know that, so you can plug in a external hard drive through USB?

It still hasnt arrived yet so hopefully tomorrow. Thanks for all the info, looking forward to it arriving :Clap:

Also can you load games from an external hard drive?? Ahh that would save burning loads of DVD's

Last edited:
They have'nt perfected the external hdd hack for the games, but there are other software available which enables booting games from hdd, eg. usb extreme or hd advance.

You can only boot movies and mp3'z via usb hdd with the memor32 but I have'nt been on their website lately to see the progress for games.

Once you get it let me know and I'll send you the media players and the files required to burn a divx disc playable in the ps2 with the memor32.

I also got a cable from ebay which turns an internal ide hdd into a usb hdd without the casing.
It makes changing hdd sooo much easier.

Hi morashid, the memor32 arrived yesterday and ive set it all up. What a brilliant piece of kit. Ive got memento installed on it and it boots up games just fine.

There is something im having problems with tho, ive found a HDLoader from http://jnabk.selfip.com/ps2.html and im trying to upload the .elf file to the memor32 but it keep saying file not found if I use the import function. Im using the Memor32 Savegame Manager and it seems to upload it if I create a folder in the pc’s directory under \Memor32\Ps2Saves and restore the file from there but it doesn’t seem to work in the PS2, it says data corrupted. How are you supposed to load .elf files to the memor32 card?

Cheers for all the help.

Ive got it working now, it was because i was running version 11. It works fine with version 12e.

There is one more thing I need to get working before I can rest lol and that’s what this thread was originally opened for. I still need to boot my PS2 with the HD component AV cable I bought, ive been looking for a explorer boot file for the memor32 or something like that. I have tried looking for one but cant seem to fine anything that will do the job.

Do you think you can help me with this?

Thanks again for all our previous help.

I always load the elf files on a usb memory stick and rename it to boot,boot1 or any relevant file which the memor32 recognises.

What explorer boot file?

Once you boot hdloader it should detect the cable and run the setting for your tv resolution.

Back