help with DHCP

reeves1985

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi new user here after a bit of help

i have just received my DM800HD SE clone and i am trying to set up the dhcp to i can change the image

the problem is i have enabled dhcp on the box network settings and dhcp is enabled by my router (TP-LINK)

its giving me these readings:

IP address: 192.168.1.101
Netmask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.1.1
Primary dns: 194.168.4.100
secondary dns: 194.168.8.100

the problem is whn i rebbot the box and hold the power button to get to the part where i can update the image over browser i just get the
***DHCP **** Stop and do not get an ip address on the display so i am unable to get any further

i hope someone can help me out

thanks

With DHCP enabled on your box, connect your box to the router with a straight ethernet cable then reboot your box to ***STOP*** mode then wait till your router assigns your box with an IP address. It may take a few seconds for this, you may need to wait a bit.

good luck

Thanks I got there in the end!!
Was my own stupid mistake
What I didn't realise was that although the box has wifi it had to be connected to the router via Ethernet cable to make dhcp work

Thanks I got there in the end!!
Was my own stupid mistake
What I didn't realise was that although the box has wifi it had to be connected to the router via Ethernet cable to make dhcp work

It's good to kow your all fixed mate.

There's always going to be a bit of a learning curve with a new box but hey, how bloody boring would it be if it was a piece of piss ??!!!

al the best reeves

Back