Help with chatroom

D

Davech

Hi Guys / Gals

I'm not sure if i have posted this in the right place??? if not sorry.

Nice to see that your all still here..:D: Mickie and the rest of you, your doing a great job with the site. Keep up the good work m8.

I Have a slight problem with the chat-room.

I have been to the chat room a few times (but ***ody seems to be there when i have a look. as its been back for a short time i'll let you all off. LOL ;)

Anyway thats not the problem, the problem is every time on connecting to the chatroom, someone or somthing seems to be Probing my ports on my computer.
Is this anything to worry about or is this the program just trying to find out who i am.

My other problem is when on Disconnecting from char room my Web browser freezez, and the only way out is to press Alt-Ctrl-Del and close the browser down, then restart browser then enter back into this grate site.

I was just wondering is anyone else getting these sorts of thing happening or is it just my computer. LMFAO:rolleyes:

Thanks Guys / Gals for keeping this a great site.

:) :cool: :)

what setup you running m8

im sure the port scans you get are just irc looking for idents :) but it should only happen when you first join the chat not all the way through :)

and also please can anyone else clear up if they have this problem with there browser crashing, i have not experianced this problem myself or in the internet cafe at college ???

post any errors anyone finds on chat in here please

just checked
ok for me

there is an applet (i think this is what they call them):)
u have to accept then no probs

Thanks for the prompt reply guys.:D:

Mickie,

yes your right m8 it only probs the ports on entering the chat room. I was just wondering cause it never happened with the old chatroom. :rolleyes: anyway seems like i was worrying about nothing then.:rolleyes:

davidh,

I have accepted the applet on entering chatroom first time, it dont ask no more so i think it's ok.
:p

But my browser still freezez. but only with chat room.

i'm running windows 98 with sygate personall firewall pro 5.0 build 1150.

anyway it's not a real problem just annoying.

thank guys for the info.

download Mirc from mirc.com much better than java chat try that it will probley work ;)

Hi monkeyspunks:)

Thanks for the info m8.

I will give it a go with mirc in the next few days.

Cheers.

irc.hashnet.org
port 6667 (im sure its 6667 it could be 6668 or 6669 have a play)

and also the channel is

#digital

type /join #digital

thats the irc details ;)

Hi monkeyspunks :D:

I will have a play with the port setting LOL:)

Thanks again for your help M8 :D:

cheers

HI speccy :)

thanks for the info m8.

I'v had a look and i will download the java bits when i got a bit more time.

sorry i have not answered you earler. for some reason i could not get back on here until today.

thanks to all.:) :)

Back