help with amazon fire tv

diesel

Member ++
Reaction score
brought 1 of these and put xbmc on and showbox turned it on next hour or so and my repos have all gone done this twice now why are they not saving does anyone know please..thanks in advance..

No Idea why that would happen how did you install them? I installed spmc 13.3.3 on mine using adbFire and never had a problem with it

think i sorted it mate thanks.what is the spmc u installed for..do you think these are as good as atv 2 cus if so will sell mine while market is still good for them lol..

Spmc is just an offshoot of xbmc but seems to work better on the aftv , and its far better than an atv 2

While ur there m8 I haven't rooted mine didn't know had too. Now I can't cus think its updated does this mean I will lose xbmc next time it updates.

No xbmc will still work fine ,that could change in the future but its unlikely , mine isnt rooted either , I've block updates in my router but the firmware I'm on still cant be rooted ,hoping I can get root in the future,
Its the only negative , box has a usb port but cant be used for any type of media, its a right PIA

thats good then didnt see point of rooting although might get another and root that 1 probably.how do i block updates please and what is the usb for then possibly a wifi dongle?

Can be hardware rooted via emmc chip needs soldering and adapter for sdcard reader

thats good then didnt see point of rooting although might get another and root that 1 probably.how do i block updates please and what is the usb for then possibly a wifi dongle?

Depends on your router could be parental control or domain blocking just have a look , if you cant block it via router you could use opendns that works well,
the 2 you ned to block are,,,, softwareupdates.amazon.com AND amzdigitaldownloads.edgesuite.net,
Not sure what the usb ports for , I've got a xbox360 wireless receiver plugged into mine so I can use a xbox360 control pad

Last edited:
Back