Amazon Fire TV Stick warning as tech giant issues serious alert to users

alimac

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Amazon Fire TV Stick users may soon start seeing a warning message when trying to side-load dodgy unofficial apps.

Updated-Warning-Message-on-Fire-TV-devices-for-enabling-Apps-from-Unknown-Sources.jpg

Amazon makes Sideloading on Fire TVs a seemingly more serious offence

Its a shame they don't give a serious warning out that every year they push out more updates which include forced apps onto the firestick of which I have no interest in using but can't remove (which take up space and slow the damn thing down further).

Its a shame they don't give a serious warning out that every year they push out more updates which include forced apps onto the firestick of which I have no interest in using but can't remove (which take up space and slow the damn thing down further).
Buy a different device.

android boxes are far better than a firestick & cheaper as well higher spec lan port usb etc ect ect

Done that on one of the firesticks but it didn't seem to make much difference unfortunately.

This has crossed my mind, but not sure on what other good devices to get to be honest. Any recommendations?
Cube or Shield

Done that on one of the firesticks but it didn't seem to make much difference unfortunately.

This has crossed my mind, but not sure on what other good devices to get to be honest. Any recommendations?
What apps do you run on your device. Do you need to play large video files from a drive or Nas.

What apps do you run on your device. Do you need to play large video files from a drive or Nas.
I tend to use the following:

Tivimate
Kodi - Stream from NAS.
VLC Media Player - Stream from NAS.
Nord VPN
Netflix
Amazon Prime
Disney Plus
BBC iPlayer

I tend to use the following:

Tivimate
Kodi - Stream from NAS.
VLC Media Player - Stream from NAS.
Nord VPN
Netflix
Amazon Prime
Disney Plus
BBC iPlayer
Shield or Cube as Joe recommends.
Not many devices have the licensing for 4k Netflix, Amazon and Disney.

Back