Help with 5.1 in bedroom

stelladrinka

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

The house I'ved moved into had 5.1 suround installed but the player was knackered. I have a Roadstar dvd2221k going spare which I fitted, the problem I have is the volume through the suround sound speakers is very low, if I plug one of the TV speakers into one of the 5.1 outlets the sound is fine. Is it the speakers which are broken or are they not compatable with this player?

cheers

Hi all,

The house I'ved moved into had 5.1 suround installed but the player was knackered. I have a Roadstar dvd2221k going spare which I fitted, the problem I have is the volume through the suround sound speakers is very low, if I plug one of the TV speakers into one of the 5.1 outlets the sound is fine. Is it the speakers which are broken or are they not compatable with this player?

cheers

There may be some settings in the player menu that set what sort of speakers you are using (small or large) This made all the difference to my AMW setup when I set to small. Also make sure you have downmix OFF

Thanks for the replies, I don't have a downmix or small and large speaker settings, all I have is analog 2 channel or 5.1 and the option for sub woofer on/off. this is only a cheap dvd player.

Ok ruled out the speakers being faulty, I plugged one in from my downstairs system and it was the same. I think it could be the type of speaker, can anyone recommend a speaker that is compatable with this player cheers.

Back