help understanding download rules?

kristiaanb

Inactive User
Reaction score
could someone please help me understand the download rules for this board? I arrived here looking for some advice on my Dreambox clone as i'm using a very old image and would like to modernise,

At the same time i was looking for a tidy bouquet list. but after being told i need to be a member for 24 hours with a post count of 5 I still cannot get the site to let me download any files?

Help would be great as I don't understand what I'm not doing or need to-do in order to download files...

***** NOTE: We ask for USEFUL posts because: When you post "thanks for that" or "khdfkashsfksjhdkjhf" that tells google or other search engines that the page is useless!, however when you post a well thought out reply that tells google that there is information on the site that will help another fellow internet searcher... SO we get useful content making us a better prospect for new members then YOU get, WAIT FOR IT...

**// DOWNLOADS \\**

5 Post Policy Guide:

THIS IS HOW IT WORKS - PLEASE READ ALL
Please do not make the mistake of thinking the forum attachments and the download sections are the same... they are not!

Forum Attachments
These are the files found in members posts, after 5 post's you will be able to download them (please see timing note below).

The Download Section
Downloads - DigitalWorldz Technology Forum - Satellite, television, consoles, community
Before 5 posts you cannot download files, after 5 posts you may download one file a day, after 10 posts you can download 5 files per day, at 50 posts its 10 files, and so on.

Timing Note
Please note you may have reached 5 post's but cannot download still... You also need to be a member here for over 24 hours... This is to stop all the post clocking (useless/pointless posts) - see below for our defintion of post clocking.

Rooms Excluded From Post Count
Posts which are made in the Welcome (Who Are You), Fun and Laughter and Adult rooms do not count towards your "five posts", although your actual post count displayed may be higher.

Post Clocking
Post clocking is when you post simple posts to get downloads... we are aware of this and have moderators and members online all day, they will spot this behavior and your post's will be removed. Blatant and repeated post clocking will not be tolerated and you may end up with an infraction, or temporary ban.

Examples of Clocking

• Only replying to post "thanks". All members, not just newly registered, are asked to use the like and/or add rep functions instead. (It's unfair to expect new members to use these features when they see long standing members not use them either.)
  • Only posting "I agree" messages. Please explain why you agree, or at least expand on the position you're agreeing with.
  • Restating information already posted, especially for problems that have already been solved. The mods have seen this done both verbatim (cut + paste) and by paraphrasing.
  • Adding nothing of value to a thread and generally rambling.
  • Repeating questions answered in the room's stickies. The forum search doesn't use fuzzy logic, so the thread might not be pulled up, but most rooms have threads that have been "stuck" to the top of the first page, these often cover the most frequently asked questions and recently relevent topics.

Examples of post clocking that will earn a ban (length is at discretion of the staff member):

• Posting nonsense (i.e. just mashing the keyboard).
  • Need five posts, this is post number 1, 2, 3...
  • Spam of any kind = perm ban, no discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

The server will update after the 5 useful posts, then you can download,

yep thats what I understand to be the rules for attachments and downloads, however its saying I have 6 posts and i joined on the 18th, yet I still cannot download

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/enigma-2-channel-lists-499/398181-rats-bouquets-e2-sd-5.html

I get

kristiaanb, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
  3. Digital World has a 5 post minimum before you can download, If you really can't wait we offer a fantastic subscription service that will allow you to download as much as you want WHEN YOU WANT

As far im aware its 24 hrs after you've made your 5th usefull post. looks like some of your posts have been dropped as they were deemed to be clocking type for downloads. We run a tight ship here regards smash and grab type so if people just come for a file and post 5 useless posts they are generally disappointed. Some others find it easier to just donate and that bypasses the need for the 5 useful post rule.

Did you bother tor ead this bit?
The server will update after the 5 useful posts, then you can download,

Well the link to the rules i was given upon joining does not state that just in case they need to be updated btw. and no i didn't spot the ammendment in your post so thats my fault.

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forum-announcements-bugs-437/295647-5-posts-before-being.html

what does the server deem to be the update period for 5 useful posts? as so far I'm upto 7 or 8 and the list i posted still says i cannot download. if theres a waiting period for the update mentioning this would be a good idea as well.

- - - Updated - - -

i get the whole 5 useful posts bit, as its on a few forums ive been a member of over the years. the site hasn't told me its deleted any posts ?? or am i guessing it won't?

how do I know if a post is going to be useful or not then as I didn't think any of my posts so far have been rubbish?

Well the link to the rules i was given upon joining does not state that just in case they need to be updated btw. and no i didn't spot the ammendment in your post so thats my fault.

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forum-announcements-bugs-437/295647-5-posts-before-being.html

what does the server deem to be the update period for 5 useful posts? as so far I'm upto 7 or 8 and the list i posted still says i cannot download. if theres a waiting period for the update mentioning this would be a good idea as well.

- - - Updated - - -

i get the whole 5 useful posts bit, as its on a few forums ive been a member of over the years. the site hasn't told me its deleted any posts ?? or am i guessing it won't?

how do I know if a post is going to be useful or not then as I didn't think any of my posts so far have been rubbish?
so do you want the rules rewritten so you can download?

ive read through your posts and tbh none of them are that useful

No not at all,

I came to the site to get help with my dreambox clone as these sat boxes are all a little bit of a mystery to me, i'm not really sure how i could offer much in the way of "useful" posts to people on this subject when I don't have any real experience with the system myself.

however i find it a little odd that i have to be useful on a subject I know nothing about before I can be allowed to access downloads?

i'm already asking for advice on what I can do to make my box run better not sure how i can be more helpful as i dont know how the thing works..

No not at all,

I came to the site to get help with my dreambox clone as these sat boxes are all a little bit of a mystery to me, i'm not really sure how i could offer much in the way of "useful" posts to people on this subject when I don't have any real experience with the system myself.

however i find it a little odd that i have to be useful on a subject I know nothing about before I can be allowed to access downloads?

i'm already asking for advice on what I can do to make my box run better not sure how i can be more helpful as i dont know how the thing works..

We are a big forum with a wide array of topics. Im sure you are useful @ something. ;)

I'm not trying to anoy anyone and Im not worried about the posts in here not counting thats fine i'm sure I will eventually post enough in the right sections so that the site allows me to download thats fine.

I just find the fact that i asked about the download rules and everyone came down on me like a ton of bricks about it. I asked because according to those rules I should be allowed to download 5 posts and 24 hours a member. I cant see what is and isn't useful or how the site works this out so figured i would ask.

if someone had said to me "you don't have enough useful posts yet" then that would have been enough, and if by me just asking about the posts I run the risk of having my posts deleted then thats also fine as I would at least get an idea of the people moderating the board.

If i'd just come for the files i would happily of donated to just get my file and go as it would have saved a lot of typing in this thread about it as well :)

either way at least I know that I need to contribute more to the forum before it lets me download and not all the messages it gives me about why i cannot do something are clear.

- - - Updated - - -

anoying mods by the sounds of it :)

- - - Updated - - -

We are a big forum with a wide array of topics. Im sure you are useful @ something. ;)

anoying mods by the sounds of it :)

Last edited:
Back