Help Samsung LCD vertical lines on screen

Jooooles

DW Regular +
Reaction score
My sister has a 40inch samsung lcd she turned it on yesterday and it has 4 vertical lines runing down the screen one line is green yellow blue redish there very thin faint lines and you can hardly notice them but the yellow one stands out.

this is what there like but vertical = = = = = = = = = = = =

= = = = = = = = = = = =

= = = = = = = = = = = =

= = = = = = = = = = = =

there very straight and very evenly spaced ascross the screen ive disconnect here sky and all connections turned the tele on and there still there any advice please her warrenty is a month over so no joy there and its 60 quid just to call someone out

My sister has a 40inch samsung lcd she turned it on yesterday and it has 4 vertical lines runing down the screen one line is green yellow blue redish there very thin faint lines and you can hardly notice them but the yellow one stands out.

this is what there like but vertical = = = = = = = = = = = =

= = = = = = = = = = = =

= = = = = = = = = = = =

= = = = = = = = = = = =

there very straight and very evenly spaced ascross the screen ive disconnect here sky and all connections turned the tele on and there still there any advice please her warrenty is a month over so no joy there and its 60 quid just to call someone out

Bad news that, smirnoff's had this couple of times I think on his sammy, talk to hawkish or parker13, they know what they're talking about

By the way i'm sure Smirnoff had to get new Tv under warranty for this, so it dont look good , sorry

shiiitteee ill wait till he logs on msn and get some info its only 13 month old I told her to goto john lewis aswell for the 5 year warrenty some peeps never listen

she dont even have house insurance to cover it

Hi Everyone

There is a fault in the set, It will relate to one of the following:-
The main board or the connectors from the main board connecting the display panel, or the connectors on the LCD display panel side or (unlikely) the display panel itself is bad.
In other cases the line fault can be contributed to frame chips and DVB tuning boards.

Tell her to phone Samsung - you will find if you complain about it only lasting an unreasonable amount of time - just out of warranty and that it was designed to last 60,000 hours (20 years @ 8 hours a day) . Also mention that you have seen many reports of this fault online and ask why they didnt do a recall if so many were affected, you should find samsung will foot a large proportion if not all of the bill for her. If it was brought from an independant retailer they will usually push it through as guaranteed for her.

Otherwise the fault is usually expensive to sort and rarely economical to repair :(

Heres some pics to see if anyone can narrow the problem down thanks

as you can see on the photos you can barely see the tracks the up close one shows what the look like:Chainsaw:

What`s the model, I will see what technical I can find on it.

Back