lines on LCD screen

sammy1234

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys after reading the tut on how to repair the lcd screen it seems a bit vague as to what you do with the stanley blade exactly. can any1 tell me how to do this in a little more detail as i have loads of lines on my LCD screen and its doin my nut in. cheers in advance

i had lines on mine and it used to do my head in, i flashed a new image and that to the box and it seems like it's repaired them, try inverting it, under options and see if that helps ?

I haven't heard of what your suggesting...

Last edited:
the tutorial is in the tools and guides section mate. i haver just flashed a new image to it and it didnt seem to make any difference!! hope some1 came help
cheers

Hi,

If you take the lcd out of the front panel it should be more clear.
The lcd is connected to a pcb via a flexi cable.
This cable is rubber sealed to the lcd and that is what you cut with your stanley blade.

I heard someone saying you can do it with a pin also. It's just to cleas the connection as not enough current is getting through to the LCD pannel.

hi guys after reading the tut on how to repair the lcd screen it seems a bit vague as to what you do with the stanley blade exactly. can any1 tell me how to do this in a little more detail as i have loads of lines on my LCD screen and its doin my nut in. cheers in advance

there was a thread about a month back saying that if you went into settings
go to lcd display
turn invert on
go to contrast and set them all to the highest they go and leave for couple of hours this helps

If your planning on using the stanley knife method make sure you dont use to much force, you only need to cut a mil or less. Tried this before and the first time it removed only a couple of lines and on the next atempt i cut the lcd screen off, lol.

Would be tempted to use the pin method, but i would leave it as it is. Its not as if you sit watching the dbox lcd all day.

i definitely would not use stanley knife, i did on my first display and completely fooked it. i use a knife with a point on, doesn't even have to be too sharp.

thanks for all your help guys still unsure whether to tackle it or not. it has soo many lines tho its really annoyin!!!
could do with someone doin it on a video clip LOL
cheers

there was a method goin about sometime ago involving the use off a hair-dryer. Basically if my memory serves me correctly it involves u holding the hairdryer (on hottest setting) onto the back of the lcd screen for a little then stop then repeat until u see an improvement. please only try at ur own risk as i dont want to be responsible if anything goes wrong.:Clap: :Clap:

Back